Help figuring out nutrition in diet.

Hi,

New to this site as a poster been browsing a lot though.

I know this gets asked a million times so I apologise in advance.

Basically last 4 months I've got my weight down to where I wanted it to be with diet, DDP yoga and kettlebell training. The problem is my protein levels were drastically low and now that I'm at my goal weight my intentions are to build muscle mass.

What I'm struggling with is working out calories, carbs and fat. I have protein figured out.

I don't use shakes just as preference so all my protein is from nuts, beans etc.

I'm currently 6'1" and I weigh 13.4 stone/186 pounds.

I'm about to start Tapout XT which is why I want to get my diet in check so I'm doing everything right.

Thanks in advance for any help and if I've missed anything let me know.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Giankarlo is that a website or a book or what? Judgebread (great name by the way). Seeds. You don't like shakes, you want more protein and nutrients from whole foods, seeds are your answer. Hemp are your best bet but they are a little expensive. I cover salads with them, put whatever dressing on first the seeds will stick to the leaves better that way. I put them on top of lots of stuff, vegan lasgna, pizza, chili, etc. Its a very versatile food.

-Dylan

Hemp are your best bet but they are a little expensive. I cover salads with them, put whatever dressing on first the seeds will stick to the leaves better that way. I put them on top of lots of stuff, vegan lasgna, pizza, chili, etc. Its a very versatile food.

-Dylan

+1

Whole foods man

You didn't talk about your diet but if you're having problems with excess calories and fats, it's probably not as clean as it could be. Cut the sugars and eat foods with a lower glycemic load. No white flour, gelato ice cream, corn ect..