Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hello from Portland, OR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:03 am 
Rabbit

Hello fellow health minded Vegans!
My name is Evan. I live in Portland Oregon and have been a vegan for about a year now. I'm a bigtime car guy, if anyone on here is into cars hit me up some time or Facespace me or something! I attend PCC full time working toward degrees in Philosophy and Education. I've always been interested in Nutrition & Fitness, I even worked at a Bodybuilding supplement distributor for a brief period.

Historically I've always been in good shape. I was very active as a youth played lots of sports etc.
After highschool I dropped most sports in favor of books and weights. I've been in and out of the gym over the last 10 years (I'm 26) but I've always had a weight set at home in the past. I've been training at the 24hour in the Pearl since June. I initially lost a lot of fat and felt really good about that but in the last month I feel like my progress has stalled out and I'm just maintaining. My current workouts are usually an hour long with at least 3/4 of it spent on the weights, about 4-5 days a week.
Split as follows: with a little bit of core thrown in everyday to breakup big sets.
Day1
Arms - Bi's Tri-s
Day2
Chest/ Most upper body pushing movements shoulders etc.
Day3
Back/ Most upper body pulling movements shoulders traps etc.
Day4
Legs
Maybe about a total of 1-1.5hours cardio total over a weeks period borken up between days randomly at the end of a workout or a short jog on the weekend with my wife.

Current goals are to get a decent job that I can have while in school so I can afford to put on muscle :D If I'm going to put on muscle I need to eat more and that ain't cheap! Currently I'm about 190lbs I'd like to get to 205 (at about the same bodyfat) by January if I can get the funds..

Post subject: Re: Hello from Portland, OR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:45 pm 
VBB Moderator

Hey Evan, welcome to the forum. I love Portland, and used to live there. Hear about any vegan/veg events going on in December? If you do, post them in the forum here. I'll be visiting for a week and a half around the holidays.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:35 am 
Rabbit

C.O. wrote:
Hey Evan, welcome to the forum. I love Portland, and used to live there. Hear about any vegan/veg events going on in December? If you do, post them in the forum here. I'll be visiting for a week and a half around the holidays.

Will do!
Portland is a great place to be a vegan, lots of options and veg friendly shops etc.
:D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:07 pm 
Rabbit

Update!
I've got my first interview for a job in the Vegan industry in Portland tomorrow morning; I'm very excited for this opportunity, wish me luck!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:58 pm 
VBB Moderator

Sweet, good luck, and how did it go? What company/ what will you be doing?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:10 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks!
I feel like it went well Image The position is a wholesaler/baker at Sweetpea Baking Company. I liked the owner/s (?) people who interviewed me, and the feeling seemed mutual. But at the end of the interview they told me they had a few more interviews to do and that they would call me back the next day (today) to either offer me the spot or let me know they chose someone else. That all said I'm feeling a little anxious, it's 2:09pm here and I haven't heard from them yet..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:30 pm 
Elephant

hey and welcome, did you get the job in the end? like the mjolnir avatar 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:01 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks! I feel like the avatar represents me well in several ways :D

Ultimately they went with someone else. Win some lose some I guess; In other news I got an offer from a different company this morning and I start tomorrow. I'm just going to be a Shipping clerk for a computer recycling company, so it wont be a "cool" (by my standards, comparably to a vegan bakery) job but it is a little more money so I'll survive LOL.

1 more bit of news I may be adopting a dog soon!! I'm so excited!!
My old dog passed from old age in April :( I miss him so much and nothing could ever replace him. That said I have found a dog at a local shelter that I'm pretty smitten with. The shelter he is at requires that I foster him before a week before they let me officially call him mine, I'm supposed to pick him up to come stay with us this weekend :)