Hello from Italy!

Nirie

Hi all! My name is Irene and I'm pretty bad at introductions.

I realized I needed a change: my current fitness level is quite good, but not enough for my standards. I want to improve and I am sick of beeing just average. However, I don't know really well where to start, expecially because I have always neglected nutrition.

I am looking forward to asking you lots and lots of questions!

PS. I'm Italian and my English is poor... sorry if my grammar is wrong

Hi Irene, welcome to the VBBF. Your English is actually really good and I wouldn't have been able to tell that it was your 2nd language if you hadn't of mentioned it.

I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for here. Maybe start a journal with us, and use it to focus on your dietary changes. A good tip that was helpful for me when I first decided to eat healthier was to start by adding in more nutritious foods. It will make substituting out the unhealthy foods easer once the health foods are already part of your normal routine. Then you won't feel like your meals are missing things.

-Dylan

Hi! Thanks, but my English is far from good... I'm not fluent, not at all!

However, speaking about diet and nutrition, my main problem is that I have few ideas and they are confused. I used to think that girls should eat like a bird, because this is what I was told growing up. Nobody taught me about the importance of taking care of the body (and the mind) through food and sport. This is something I discovered few years ago and, let's face it, I have still a lot to learn.

Tomorrow morning I will start asking some questions because, as I mentioned before, I have lots of them but now it's time for me to go to sleep... it is really late here in Italy. Have a nice day, wherever you are!

Sorry for now answering sooner, Monday is always a busy day.

Thanks Edens! It is really nice to find another Italian I'll ask you about supplements and where you find them here in Italy!

I'm about to open a new topic, but I don't understand where it's better to post... I'd like to ask some questions about my diet and my training schedule, do I have to post in the health&nutrition board? Or can I open a journal as suggested by C.O.? Thanks

hey i guess in italy you won´t find them easily. so i will post you some websites i currently live in germany and i buy from vegan-active.de they have a lot of good things you need and it takes max. 5 days to arrive in italy i think.

about how to open posts, try to open a journal writing your diet and your training and people will give you opinions tips or whatever

yeah they generally taste like shit. but if you want better quality you should be ready to spend a bit more. i use to take powerman 3k protein with vanilla flavour taste, i spend generally 50 euros for 2,3 kg. is vegan no gmo gluten free. and high on protein gr.

then there is vega sport, 5 aminoacids, high on protein but 55 euros for 800 gr that generally i would finish in 3 weeks.

sunwarrior is really tasty and natural, but the bad thing is that got only 16gr of protein for portion that means you should put at least 2 of it. and for 500gr is 25 euros. i guess these ones are the best in europe.

dont forget to buy bcaa supplements and creatine (if you want to put muscles)