Vegan probiotic?

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

mythil
Manatee

Vegan probiotic?

#1 Postby mythil » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:19 am

Well my doctor advised me to try out a probiotic for a problem not connected to my diet or anything like that, separate problem.

However, I can't seem to find a vegan probiotic in any form. All the yogert ones have dairy in them and all the tablets I find have gelatin capsules. I don't suppose anyone knows one I can take? I'm in the UK btw.
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard." - Tim Notke
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill

EdensDemise
Manatee

Re: Vegan probiotic?

#2 Postby EdensDemise » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:48 pm

vegan joghurts?
Respect for nature and innocent life, the end of human over human oppression. A peaceful world can evolve after animal liberation.

vegan_rossco
Batman

#3 Postby vegan_rossco » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Have you tried holland and Barrett dude? I'm very sure they do one in the h and b near me, I can't remember the brand name.. But the label is white and green I think
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

VeggieWarrior13
Rabbit

#4 Postby VeggieWarrior13 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Don't know about availability...but I have taken Culturelle Chewables is a somewhat filthy orange flavor. Their capsules are not vegan but it turns out the chewables I found are...

Comingtocyberspace
Rabbit

#5 Postby Comingtocyberspace » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:14 am

mythil
Manatee

#6 Postby mythil » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:16 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I managed to find one combined probi' and vitamin supplement from a powder website.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill

GianKarlo
Finch

#7 Postby GianKarlo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:36 am

There are hundreds of different species of these friendly organisms colonizing our digestive track and competing with potentially harmful pathogens...

mythil
Manatee

#8 Postby mythil » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:29 pm

GianKarlo wrote:There are hundreds of different species of these friendly organisms colonizing our digestive track and competing with potentially harmful pathogens...

Well I have issues with my digestion and the Doc said the best course is to take a probiotic as taking medication may have messed with my digestive bacteria

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”