Spirolina

How much of anything can be safely eaten in a day is a scary question of any thing. Spirolina is chalk full of nutrients. What form are you eating/taking it?

It contains protein but I don't know of anyone that eats enough of it for it to be their main source.

Several Vega products contain it and many people here use Vega.

My advice, there is no fountain of youth. Spirolina is a wonderfully nutritious plant, add it to your diet, but don't go crazy and eat mass amount of it instead of having a well rounded variety of foods in your diet.

I don't think the benefits outweigh the risks with spirulina. Spirulina supplements have been tested many times and researchers have found liver and nerve toxins, and cancer-causing toxins. Not in ground-breaking doses, but they are showing up. Plus dozens of complaints and ailments that ceased after stopping S use...

Essentially, the S itself is fine, but these toxins keep showing up, when analyzed. Why? Long story short, it's the other nasty pond scum growing along-side S. Since it's too costly for a business to control or test each batch for this, it's probably best to stay away, or at least minimize your use.

Studies & sources here: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/infant-seizures-linked-to-mothers-spirulina-use/

To get similar and safer green leafy nutrients, I'd steam or grind up kale/collards/chard, etc in a fruit/protein smoothy. Cheers,