Hello from Ohio

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

VeggieWarrior13
Rabbit

Hello from Ohio

#1 Postby VeggieWarrior13 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:15 pm

I have been somewhat of a creeper to this website/forum off and on for a couple of years. However, I have never posted on any forums and was a little hesitant to join. So, now that I have been motivated by others, I decided to get over myself and become a community member.

A little about me and why I wanted to make friends here :D...

In October I turned 34. I have been a vegan for four years. Before being a vegan I was following a terrible diet - eating fast food daily and justifying it by believing it was necessary because I was grabbing food between work and school. I made many, many poor dietary choices. To give you an idea of where I was, I am a 5'5" female with a medium build and weighed 200lbs. The weight wasn't the worst part though, I also felt sluggish and tired all the time.

Browsing at a bookstore one day I ran across Skinny B*tch and thought the name was odd so I picked it up. After reading what is was about, I became interested and decided to buy the book. I wasn't even done reading when I decided that I wanted to follow a vegan diet. So, I quit all animal products immediately. At first, because I was scared that I wouldn't get proper nutrition (the typical "where will I get my protein?" mentality) I logged everything I ate and added all the contents. Now I laugh when people ask about protein. When recording my food it was very easy to see that protein isn't a problem at all.

Since becoming vegan I have lost just over 70 pounds and still feel like I am just getting started. It has been a long, slow process for me because I wanted to make changes I was sure that I could maintain for the long haul.

A thank you goes out to many of you that have been members and posted inspiring results. Even some of us that are timid about joining are encouraged by your successes.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: Hello from Ohio

#2 Postby C.O. » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi and welcome. What's your name btw? Congrats on your weight loss so far. Glad you finally decided to join the forum, hope you benefit from some of the knowledgeable members here.

-Dylan

VeggieWarrior13
Rabbit

#3 Postby VeggieWarrior13 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:50 pm

My name is Jen. I have already benefited from members here! When I started the vegan diet I stumbled across this website when looking for information on how to get the right nutrients. I of course researched a lot of things myself but posts here gave me a lot of insight into where to even begin.

John V
Elephant

#4 Postby John V » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi from Parma, Jen.
Congratulations on the weight loss. I'm glad for you.
I was on this forum in years past, and just got back on the wagon.
an evolving primate

VeggieWarrior13
Rabbit

#5 Postby VeggieWarrior13 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks for the congrats, John V. Glad you made your way back on the wagon. :)

Return to “Introductions”