Horrible fitness magazines

mythil

Well I picked up a fitness magazine from Holland and Barrette today (for those outside Europe it's a place that sells vitamins, vegan food and other supplements) and I found that all the information inside it was terrible. It still tells people that you need an.. incredible amount of protein to become a body builder.. Even the first few articles in the magazine were about A) How there is no evidence that eggs heighten your cholesterol so you should be eating 4 a day. B) Read meat is good for you and you should be eating it daily. C) How carbs are bad for you..

How the hell does a place like H&B sell a magazine like this that's full of horrible information? It even uses the term "super food" which has been banned in the UK (and Europe I think) because it's misleading.

I don't pick up fitness magazines that often, I just wanted something to read and I haven't been losing as much stomach fat as I would like despite trying hard so I thought there may be tips inside it, turns out it was just another fad diet and workout.

all they do is tell people what they want to hear in order to sell the magazine...your avergae joe on the street doesnt want to hear that eating fruit and veg is the way, they want to hear about bacon and eggs, steak and so on.....all of them are the same be it health, bodybuilding cycling whatever......just marketing hype, im guilty of buying flex every month because the pics motivate me and the occasional bit of history of the sport is good to read about, i also like to follow the competition side of bodybuilding, but the training and nutrition advice is shocking, do 500 sets of 8 reps on squats, 50,000 lateral raises, 287 reps of 200 kg millitary presses, train 6 days a week, every week for 4 hours a time, eat as much macdonalds as you want on a sunday, take every supplement under the sun, eat 1000 calories 8 times a day, 1 piece of fruit a day is ok but more, and you may look like ronnie coleman one day........i swear thats the kinda of thing they say. no mention of the massive amounts of gh, test, clenbuterol, t3, dianabol, insulin, winstrol, deca, trenbolone, and god knows what else they take ..........but i still buy it

ok rant over

all they do is tell people what they want to hear in order to sell the magazine...your avergae joe on the street doesnt want to hear that eating fruit and veg is the way, they want to hear about bacon and eggs, steak and so on.....all of them are the same be it health, bodybuilding cycling whatever......just marketing hype, im guilty of buying flex every month because the pics motivate me and the occasional bit of history of the sport is good to read about, i also like to follow the competition side of bodybuilding, but the training and nutrition advice is shocking, do 500 sets of 8 reps on squats, 50,000 lateral raises, 287 reps of 200 kg millitary presses, train 6 days a week, every week for 4 hours a time, eat as much macdonalds as you want on a sunday, take every supplement under the sun, eat 1000 calories 8 times a day, 1 piece of fruit a day is ok but more, and you may look like ronnie coleman one day........i swear thats the kinda of thing they say. no mention of the massive amounts of gh, test, clenbuterol, t3, dianabol, insulin, winstrol, deca, trenbolone, and god knows what else they take ..........but i still buy it

ok rant over

I don't really like taking supplements but one or two are for medical reasons. I take a vitamin and probiotic because I have issues with digestive bacteria and I take protein and flaxseeds in the morning with fruit and fine oats as I just can't stomach breakfast first thing and I need something in me so I just down that.

It amazes me that they will tell you that you need.. what was it, 1g of protein per lb of weight and THEN eat steak and eggs every day and say "Oh yea research says that's healthy"... Wut?