maybenot's training log

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mike

Im still here and training!

Just lazy about posting because Im working full time and studying and dieting and training.

So far its been nine months of training, havent skipped not one single day.

Im still following the journals here, specially yours, James and yettis.

Ill try to post a little more often, ty for dropping by.

Ill leave a progress picture, thats my favorite training shirt : Animal Liberation, Human Liberation (written in brazillian portuguese)

20131002_214149.thumb.jpg.a68ea0abdcd443b416264a912ec50a60.jpg

lol ive been pretty lazy with my posting too, going to start logging stuff again now im doing a bit more weights again......

9months and not missed a workout? thats good going pal no wonder your making progress cool shirt, im going to have to get me some vegan t shirts!

keep up the good training!

mike

• 2 weeks later...
Hey man, your progress is really fantastic! Congrats!

Also, awesome with the deadlifts. Deadlifts are the greatest! Nothing makes me feel tougher than just pullin a bunch of weight off the ground

Ty, so far it is my favorite lift, nothing can beat the joy of deadlifting =)

I follow your journal also, you have some good deadlifts there =)

• 3 weeks later...

Another quick update,

leg day, aiming for:

deadlift 4 sets x 8 reps x 120lbs~55kg

legpress 45º 4 sets x 8 x 132lbs~60kg

one leg squats 4 sets x 8 x 66lbs~30kg

seated calf raises 4 sets x 8 SLOW reps x 88lbs~40kg

And another quick pic, I'm losing weight, started my cutt with 76kg, already @ 71.5kg. Feeling quite small =(

2013-11-18.jpeg.33a81ab43a31cb64e39c6e5193c902cf.jpeg

Well, gotta share something with whoever reads this.

Today I was feeling really crappy, I'm feeling small and weak because I`m cutting, this is the first time I ever do this. ( have in mind that I started training early january this year ).

So the time I got to the gym the first thought I had in mind was `fuck, I wrote I was going to hit 55kg on my deadlifts, what if I don't?`

This thought got stuck in my head so hard that I thought it could ruin my training.

What did I do? I got the 10kg bar, loaded with 50kg worth of plates, total of 60kg (132lbs) and nailed every rep with that 5kg extra weight, and even did 9 reps in the last set =)

All of this so I would not dissapoint anyone that is reading this! I wanted to show myself that all the bananas I ate throught the week are worth something!

So, here`s todays training session:

6 sets of abdominal exercises to warm up

overhead press 4 sets x 8 reps x 30lbs~14kg dumbbells

cable upright row 4 sets x 8 reps x 99lbs~45kg

lateral raises 4 sets x 8 reps x 15lbs~7kg -> light weights because my forearm really hurts doing this, maybe because I'm a computer programmer

deadlift 4 sets x 8 reps x 132lbs~60kg -> felt heavy, the last set I did 9 reps!

legpress 45º 4 sets x 8 x 132lbs~60kg

one leg squats 4 sets x 8 x 66lbs~30kg -> last set I failed in the 6th rep, but it felt good

seated calf raises 4 sets x 8 SLOW reps x 88lbs~40kg

Pretty much nailed this training session!

I guess I`ll be sore by morning!

• 1 month later...

CUTTIN DOES SUCK !!!

3 months in, at 69.5kg right now and no ABS !

So, time for new year resolutions:

- Abs

- 7.6kg lean muscle mass

- Packing my lunch

- Walking my dog EARLY in the morning

- Sleeping early, Waking up Early

- 100kg Deadlift for reps. (220lbs)

- Learn how to Squat without screwing up my knee

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I`ve been neglecting my virtual log, but rest assured I`m still lifting. Or, well, trying to lift!

Finished my cutting diet, almost total failure! Lost a lot of lean mass, but at least I learned a lot in the proccess.

I will try to update more!

About the deadlifts, haven`t improved since my last update, cutting diets suck and make you weak!

Just started a bulk again, now the good times will begin =)

Hi guys,

I`ve been neglecting my virtual log, but rest assured I`m still lifting. Or, well, trying to lift!

Finished my cutting diet, almost total failure! Lost a lot of lean mass, but at least I learned a lot in the proccess.

I will try to update more!

About the deadlifts, haven`t improved since my last update, cutting diets suck and make you weak!

Just started a bulk again, now the good times will begin =)

glad to see you back in the bulking game pal, heres to eating........LOTS

I had the same problem last year. Bulked hard = gained fat.

After this bulk, I did a cutting diet and shed 8kg (17lbs ). The cutting was easy for me, I`m a `skinny` type of guy like you.

Now I`m planning my diet and training with a vegan bodybuilder which is a friend of mine here in Brazil.

The first thing I did was to cut processed processed carbs. That means no sugar, no flour, no bread, no pasta . . .

My carb sources are brown rice, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, oats and fruits.

Right after I decided to stop cutting, I slowly switched to a higher calorie diet, that`s one mistake I made in my past bulk, I calculated that I should consume 2600 calories and started eating that amount overnight. This time I`m taking my time, in the end of my cutting diet I was consuming 1600 calories a day, I switched to 1800 calories and in the subsequent week to 2000 calories. Doing that my goal is to gain max. 0.5kg (1 lbs) every 10 days.

So i kept weighting myself (first thing in the morning, fasted, after i pee) until my weight seemed to go up. I got to 2200 calories. After 10 days eating 2200 calories I gained exactly 0.5kg(1lbs).

So, thats where I am at right now, it`s not even been a month since I went back to bulking, almost 1kg (2.2lb) up. And that will be my strategy, go up slowly and without consuming anything processed.

My training is a simple ABCD split, 4 days a week (5 if I feel like going an extra day). And sometimes if I feel like it I do some intermitent running (run 1min/walk 2 min/run 1min/walk 2min) for 15 minutes top.

The training strategy is to keep the weight training constant and as I consume more calories I will do more activities to burn some extra calories and speed up my metabolism ( some short HIIT activities, never exceeding 15 minutes)

Was that clear? If you want I could post my current diet. Seems to be working now that I have some help from a friend =)

• 4 weeks later...