Jamesxvx Powerlifting Journal

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man!

Hit deadlifts hard yesterday. Dude at my gym gave me an ammonia cap to hit before one of my sets. Cube called for 365x8 pulls at a 1" deficit. I ended up hitting ten. Awesome PR, but my heavy sets of 405 triples off blocks didn't make the cut haha. Oh well

DL training yesterday. 315 for 8 sets of triples came up quick and I was happy with my bar speed. Worked up to some close stance squats 225x8. Lat pull downs, some back raises and some BB shrugs. My strength is really improving, I'm excited for my mock meet in a month to see where I sit.

Supposed to be a rest day for me today but I decided to throw in another bench session. I tried reverse bands on the bench for the first time. Worked up to a strong triple with 275, two average bands were used. Threw in some forewarm curls as I'm noticing my right wrist is acting up a bit, and I know it's because of a broken arm when I was younger. Some wide grip chins, cable rows, BB rows and a bunch of core work. Good Saturday session.

Squats today,

worked up to five sets of doubles at 2. Unannounced to me my blood sugar was stupdily high the whole workout and these felt heavier than normal. None the less, they all went up. Did a bunch of leg curls, reverse hypers, leg press and back raises to end the day off.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while.

I'm working with smolov Jr on both my Squat and bench since those are my weakest lifts. Alternating each on off days to keep myself rested. I'm also working my way into the sub 198 class. There's only a 20 kg difference between the class qualifying totals and it makes more sense to put on some muscle and see if I can get some more weight throwing around.

Finished up my squats with 290 for 8 sets of 4. Last set was a triple. Didn't want to staple myself.

January 8, 2014

Squats

barxa million, 95x10, 135x10, 185xx8, 225x3, 275x3, 315x3 (Too heavy, form was off, too far forward, wasn't tight), brought the weight down to 300 and did the rest of the nine sets of triples. Felt good. Solid depth, ass to grass. Currently eating a PB and banana sandwich and a shake. Cool