turning mrbear into a mountain!

Looking sharp my man, Valhalla await's you baby:)

When you mentioned about the almost lock out position on the static leg extension, was that due to the leg extension's seat being at an angle making it almost impossible to fully contract? If so, those machines do my head in, hate them, thankfully gym am at now has an old school almost flat seated leg extension.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha cheers buddy

yeh its one of those mate, theres 2 different machines but they both have the angled seat........you cant lock out very well cuz it makes your shins have to go past paralel to the floor.......it still hurt like hell though, the only good thing about one of them is it has a big lever on the side so you can heave a big weight up to do a static hold with your hands save needing a partner to help if your using big-ish weights...... doing static holds on the pec deck is just pure lovely hell. when you hitting the iron next mate?

Of topic question Mike....

Whats your fav bands you have yet to see live?

Mine's Deftones and Fear Factory:)

So far i've seen Metallica three times (got to see Chiff Burton in 86 two weeks before he died), Iron Maiden twice, slipnot, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Muse, Rammstein twice, and oh god, please forgive me...KYLIE MINOGUE (i still wake up in cold sweats).

Of topic question Mike....

Whats your fav bands you have yet to see live?

Mine's Deftones and Fear Factory:)

So far i've seen Metallica three times (got to see Chiff Burton in 86 two weeks before he died), Iron Maiden twice, slipnot, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Muse, Rammstein twice, and oh god, please forgive me...KYLIE MINOGUE (i still wake up in cold sweats).

nice list of ones you have seen there Rob, rammstein would be awesome to see they put on a big show right?

fear factory would be worth it just for the intro to replica! ive seen, metallica, machine head, devildriver, carcass, amon amarth, children of bodom, napalm death, insomnium, hell, and some smaller ones i cant remember lol would love to see slipknot cant beat them for sheer anger and energy......i want to see amorphis i like their stuff alot, oh and lamb of god, soulfly and sepultura. cant beat watching a good band kylie minogue???? come on now Rob thought we were mates

Oh yes, Sepultura would be great ta see

Rammstein are still my fav's Mike, last seen them a couple of years ago in Dublin, freckin awesome man! If you get the chance go see them, me thinks there time as a band is limited.

Slipknot were actually supporting Metallica when i seen them, think it was 2004 in the RDS Dublin, they had great energy, but it sounded like their was too much going on - if that makes sense, great day though, beautiful summers day, with 60,000 at it. Manson was supporting Maiden when i seen him, same location, to my surprise he was really good.

Now Kylie on the other hand was a experiment gone wrong, my wife loves her, so i booked tickets to see her in Glasgow, bus, boat, hotel and concert all for £110 each, i reasoned, all i would have too do was inured a 2 hour long concert, and the rest of the time would be fine, well, my worst nightmares were just began on the bus, too my horror i was the only guy on the bus, it was filled with Kylie mad woman (of all ages), singing her songs all the way to Scotland, can you imagine? And the worst part about it was Mike, Kylie was good:((((

Oh yes, Sepultura would be great ta see

Rammstein are still my fav's Mike, last seen them a couple of years ago in Dublin, freckin awesome man! If you get the chance go see them, me thinks there time as a band is limited.

Slipknot were actually supporting Metallica when i seen them, think it was 2004 in the RDS Dublin, they had great energy, but it sounded like their was too much going on - if that makes sense, great day though, beautiful summers day, with 60,000 at it. Manson was supporting Maiden when i seen him, same location, to my surprise he was really good.

Now Kylie on the other hand was a experiment gone wrong, my wife loves her, so i booked tickets to see her in Glasgow, bus, boat, hotel and concert all for £110 each, i reasoned, all i would have too do was inured a 2 hour long concert, and the rest of the time would be fine, well, my worst nightmares were just began on the bus, too my horror i was the only guy on the bus, it was filled with Kylie mad woman (of all ages), singing her songs all the way to Scotland, can you imagine? And the worst part about it was Mike, Kylie was good:((((

ill definately keep an eye for them then, i think the german language suits metal! good music to train to!! i have noticed that with slipknots live videos, some are good and some are just a big noise mess, maybe with 9 people in a band thay have trouble finding the right sound. i used to like some of mansons song havent listened for a while though, his older stuff was ok though! you got any more pop princesses......i mean heavy metal gigs lined up? ok ill stop now, sorry haha thats a brilliant story, my brain would have been ruined on that bus with people singing kylie my dream is to go to wacken open airr in germany one day, it looks so good there!

Wacken would be awesome, i go to East Berlin every year to meet up with a good mate, he took me one night to an industrial metal club a couple of years ago, freckin awesome mate. Though, Germans are strange, they also seem to like 80s pop music, it seemed to be playing everywhere i went.

Yeah Manson's older stuff was good, i distinctly recall the morning i had my stroke Mobsence was playing on Kerrang, followed up with Kidd Rocks American bad ass lol, it took my mind of the fact i had a paralysis down one side of my body lol, well, yeah gotta laugh at these things.

Nothing lined up, am due a good concert, i'll have to keep my eye open

my dream is to go to wacken open airr in germany one day, it looks so good there!

I've been to Wacken several times. It's such an amazing festival, although I stopped going as it became too big. It was often a good 45 minute walk from the tent to the arena. I'll probably go back one day. Hellfest is currently my favourite big European festival, and Obscene Extreme for the smaller, more extreme bands.

Wacken would be awesome, i go to East Berlin every year to meet up with a good mate, he took me one night to an industrial metal club a couple of years ago, freckin awesome mate. Though, Germans are strange, they also seem to like 80s pop music, it seemed to be playing everywhere i went.

Yeah Manson's older stuff was good, i distinctly recall the morning i had my stroke Mobsence was playing on Kerrang, followed up with Kidd Rocks American bad ass lol, it took my mind of the fact i had a paralysis down one side of my body lol, well, yeah gotta laugh at these things.

Nothing lined up, am due a good concert, i'll have to keep my eye open

you remember all that kinda stuff whilst having a stroke, thats pretty hardcore mate

That's a pretty metal beard dude, nice! Not exactly metal, but all I've been listening to while training lately is Faith No More, and Alice in Chains. Great show I saw years ago was A Perfect Circle opening up for NIN. Both were incredible!

thanks mate! i used to love a NIN song, wtf was it called......erm......its been about 10mins and i cant remeber grrrrr

my dream is to go to wacken open airr in germany one day, it looks so good there!

I've been to Wacken several times. It's such an amazing festival, although I stopped going as it became too big. It was often a good 45 minute walk from the tent to the arena. I'll probably go back one day. Hellfest is currently my favourite big European festival, and Obscene Extreme for the smaller, more extreme bands.

ill have to go one day, sucks about the walk though! is it a festival your playing on march 1st and 2nd in manchester? thought it might be as it said 'weekend ticket' i got a flyer for it when i was in the queue the other night ,