Hello from South Carolina

Elise

I'm new here. I've been vegetarian for over thirty years and nearly vegan much of that time. Several months ago I decided to go 100 percent vegan, even when traveling (which has always been the biggest challenge and which I do a lot of), and to ramp up my training. My goal is to go from being in good shape to being in elite shape by my birthday next July. For me, a tall middle-aged woman, that means I'm shooting for about 15 percent body fat, great abs, and the ability to complete unassisted pull ups. The last one will be the hardest. My training consists of a combination of circuit training with a personal trainer (burpees, medical ball slams, mixed weights, box jumps, etc.) twice per week, heavier lifting on my own (full-body compound plus a few isolation moves) once or twice per week, a couple of spin classes per week, one body combat per week, plus some miscellaneous other cardio and a little yoga. I'm pretty committed to the exercise and clean eating, but I have a soft spot for wine and chocolate (and potato chips the day after drinking wine). I also find that hamstring soreness limits my recovery and so ability to train hard some days, so I've just ordered Vega's sport recovery accelerator. Any other suggestions welcome, particularly for traveling vegan in the U.S. and internationally, and nice to meet you all!