Female Muscle (brand new vegan, can I still reach my goals?)

Hi! My name is Annicka, I've been powerlifting for about a year and recently started focusing more on aesthetics. The only reason I didn't go back to a vegan diet is because I thought I couldn't get, in the words of Mark Bell, "jacked and tan" lol.

I've seen some impressive male athletes BUT I have yet to see a female vegan bodybuilder with the muscle mass I want.

However, I do realize that these are only a few women that I've seen. I wasn't sure if they don't have bigger muscle on the lower body because they CANT or they just prefer not to (I've seen some buff arms, and *personal preference* "lacking" legs).

I want (and have) a lot of muscle on my legs and glutes and the look I'm after IS based in reality lol, it matches my body type. Here are some examples:

1468692_228653037295704_828959970_n.jpg 1452101_224768777684130_1225107611_n.jpg 578728_217652371729104_627564036_n.jpg

I'm sure there's someone out there that has hit the goals you're looking for on a vegan diet. If that's what you're looking for just go out and do it. Keep your basics down, your diet in check and get in the gym. If they're a body builder they'd be looking to have an overall appearance that is well rounded and one body part isn't as accentuated more than another. Maybe that's why.

You were blessed with lower body genetics. But I can't tell from these photos what the upper body looks like. It does need to to be symmetrical and aesthetically pleasing. If your Quads are big, then your Lats need to be just as big. And to be a bodybuilder, you need to get the bodyfat down, down, down. Otherwise go for Physique, which is quite muscular lately in the contests and you can have a pleasing amount of bodyfat, so that the skin looks good - don't need to be so ripped for the judges to see every little muscle fiber popping out when you pose.

Keep track of your macros, and make sure you reach them with a vegan diet. You won't believe how much protein and the accompanied fat meat has, and then you try to find that in a vegan diet. You might find out that you will have alittle bit more carbs with your protein - unless you are like me and have plant protein powders give you the protein you need with minimal carbs attached. And you might need to eat more veggies and occasional fruit (unless bulking up - then fruit away!) than what you might be use to.

(Also when transitioning to a vegan diet, I sometimes fell back to eating just egg whites to keep my protein high - till I was able to find a decent plant protein powder that my body could utilize).

Muscular balance is very important, my training program has that covered It's unlikely that I'll ever compete, this is totally person preference for maximum awesomeness ;D I'm not worried about upper body because it's been easy gaining muscle on my back/shoulders/arms and all the pictures I've seen of vegan women they have a good amount of muscle there, just not as much muscle on their lower body according to my preferences. I was just a little worried about my own lower body and the muscle I want to have.

I do have plant protein that I've been taking for a few months now. Garden of Life RAW Protein and RAW Fit.

My question was with a great training program and balanced macros with enough protein, as a woman will I be able to gain a lot of muscle (like in the pictures).

Thanks for the responses, by the way!