Skinny-Fat Ectomorph in need of advice.

PMA

Hello,

I'm 25 years old and I have been weightlifting on and off, off most of the time due to the poor results. Until April of this year I began taking bodybuilding seriously and I also began seeing results. My shirts now fit tighter (in a good way), sleeves began fitting tighter and best of all people began asking when they noticed the results. I mean it's nothing huge, but when you've been skinny all your life, even the smallest gain is a gain.

Not only I began putting muscle in the right parts, but fat in the wrong parts (or anywhere for that matter). My hips began getting wider and my stomach bigger, almost noticeable through my shirts. This is where I found out about how Ectomorphs can also be fat. I feel being a skinny-fat ectomorph is probably the worst scenario, being skinny and fat at the same time and a hard gainer to top it off. How worse can it get? I mean an ectomorph, sure is a hardgainer, but at least has a six pack since infancy. Muscles are very much visible.

Anyways before finding out about the existence of skinny-fat ectomorphs my diet would revolve in eating a lot, clean and green, but a lot. I would try to eat as much as protein as possible. In the morning right after waking up I would have oatmeal/soymilk/raw hemp. Then a green juice. For lunch I would have steamed zucchini/eggplant/tomatoes/onions/texturesoyprotein/nutritional yeast and either quinoa or wholegrain rice. Very large portions, almost to the point where I got full. I would later have 4 serving of either chickpeas or lentels as a midday snack and same thing I had for lunch two hours later. A banana before working out and a protein green juice post workout, before bedtime. Lots of water throughout the day. I have oatmeal on rest day, last thing before going to bed to avoid my body cannibalizing my muscles (I forgot the term).

I workout three to four times a week, mixing two muscles groups per day. Lifting heavy and doing three sets of 8 to 12 reps. I do some body weight exercises before working out to warm up instead of cardio. No cardio at all, which is probably why fat is catching up. I read numerous of articles saying ectomorphs should avoid cardio and focus more on weights and bulking.

Now that I have somewhat bulked or gained muscle, what's the best way to loose the fat without loosing muscle? I'm hopping some of you can share your experiences. I'm thinking about cutting my meal portions (what's the best way to measure your daily carb/protein/sugar/etc intakes?). I'm also thinking about doing short amounts of cardio everyday, like sprinting and walking for 15 minutes instead of jogging for longer. My goal is to get as cut as possible and not too bulky. Sorry for the long post, I hope there's people out there sharing the same difficulties. Hope to hear soon from all of you. Thanks in advance.

You'll get more feedback if you post your questions directly on other peoples threads, like in the training journals section on someone that actively writes in their journal and seems to know what they are talking about. Or maybe use the search function for the forum in the upper right hand corner and search key words like ectomorph, skinny-fat, etc.

Also I would keep your questions shorter and more precise, more people will read them.

One ectomorph to another, you just have to work harder than some other people to get the results that you want. Part of that is doing some research on yourself, everyones body is a little different.

Good luck,

• 1 month later...