Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:40 pm 
VBB Moderator

We made about 30 different small pizza's without any recipes, we just threw random ingredients together. I would say sunflower butter and figs go well together. However if you add vegan cheese to that mix up it just a little confusing to the taste buds.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56 pm 
VBB Moderator

Good all around workout tonight. I'm definitely making some progress with squats and my posture and core strength.

Oh snap the dreaded turkey day is coming... I mean I love to eat, but I'm heading up state to Buffalo home of wings, pizza, lasagne, and every other super unhealthy food, and fat relatives.

I gotta come up with a couple of healthy dishes to bring to the meal that I can trick them in to eating by not letting them know they are healthy. If anyone reading this has some ideas let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:50 pm 
VBB Moderator

So Thanksgiving in Buffalo was not the best for my diet, but it was good to see my relatives.
I made a garlic-mushroom polenta dish that turned out pretty good.

Been slacking a little bit on the workouts but got in the gym today for some serious arm work with a little abs/core/back on the side. Tomorrow back to legs, 2 more week until first snowboard trip of the season for me, praying for powder.

Played in a flag football tournament this past weekend. Not really my sport but it was fun. 12 teams, we somehow made the playoffs top 6 with a record of 1-2, it pays to be in a division with 1 strong team and 3 weak ones I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:27 pm 
Rabbit

Good choice with the polenta. You want to make something that tastes sweet or fatty, as SAD eater's tastebuds are not sensitive to those flavors, but they expect them.

I'm blessed with a good fam and we had an all vegan Thanksgiving, for the 1st time... whoa! I made a yam/squash mash, with garlic, cinnamon & cloves, with a lil earth balance and salt. Got some love for it...

Cheers,

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:45 pm 
VBB Moderator

Would you post your yam/squash mash recipe in the recipes sections, i'd like to check it out. I make a yam/carrot mash sometimes that I like but I'd like to try squash in the mix, that sounds good.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:04 pm 
Rabbit

it was actually sweet potato / squash mash now that I think of it... It's posted.

G'luck with your workouts & training!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:50 pm 
VBB Moderator

At parents house, workouts will be a little tricky but ill do weightless training and tomorrow i'll head up to workout with a friend at the community center, get some heavy plates to throw around.

I posted a weightless at home workout video in the forums here if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:15 pm 
VBB Moderator

No gym around at my parents, doing push ups, planks, burpies, squats, crawls, hand stands, lunges, crab walks, and some yoga and some fun on the big trampoline that is like 100 years old, hope it doesnt snap on me!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:45 am 
VBB Moderator

Shabby, the little hedgehog in my picture is really making me look bad fitness wise. I think he runs non-stop on his wheel about 3 hours per night. Maybe if I also slept 19 hours a day I might also have this endurance?

Irregular sleeping pattern is screwing up my nutrition. Anyone reading this can relate or have tips please share. I'll be doing some googling and post something in the health section of the forum in the near future.

Taking a little page out of Robert's book, I'm back to doing push-ups, planks, squats and some other various weightless exorcizes daily.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:48 pm 
VBB Moderator

Doing toes to the wall squats with arms above my head 30 x 3. combined with an arms, shoulders, chest, back, and core day. I'm now a zombie.

New food combo I love - Yams filled with cowboy caviar (its a bean and corn salsa from trader joes).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:35 am 
VBB Moderator

Updates:

Had to give up Shabby the hedgehog, but he went to a loving family that has one already, they will be in separate houses so they dont fight but they dont seem to dislike each other, just no real interested which is weird because they are male and female.

I am getting into pumpkin seed butter and also into vega's maca chocolate bars.

Soccer season started with a crazy 8-9 loss, we were up 8-6 and gave up 3 late goals ugh. Defense is the focus next game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:24 am 
Manatee

Hi Dylan,

Do you coach or play in the soccer? Used to be a good keeper until my back let me down:)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:45 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Hope it wasn't too hard for you to let go of Shabby, I hate things like that.

Wow, that last game sounded like it could have gone either way. So many goals ?!

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:42 pm 
VBB Moderator

Hey Rob, I play soccer still. Lower level of competitiveness but still competitive enough to be super fun. I'm currently playing in the top tier of a social co-ed league.

Bad start to the season, 1 win and 2 losses, and 2 of us ejected from the last game, one was me haha, I tend to have a big mouth with the other team does dirty intentional fouls on my teammates that the ref doesnt call haha, fortunately we still won that game, first win of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:44 pm 
VBB Moderator

Hey MF, yeah, its okay, Shabby's with a friend that is cool with me hedgy sitting whenever I'd like.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next