2. Single Arm Row - 4 x 10 @ 60lbs

3. DB Pullover - 4 x 10 @ 60lbs

4. Squat - 4 x 12 @ 245lbs

5. Box Jumps - 4 x 12 on 24" box

6. Wide Leg Deadlift - 4 x 12 @ 45lbs

7. Assisted Pullup - 3 x 12 @ 25lbs assistance

8. Farmer Carry - 3 x 200' @ 90lbs

9. Assisted Dips - 3 x 15 @ 25lbs assistance

Ripped through this today despite chatting with an acquaintance at the gym. Always feels good to get a solid pump in before plunging into the weekend. Thinking about working on arms a little more exclusively in the near future. Also, want to eat more sweet potatoes, and butternut squash. I'll pick some up at the store later. House hunting tomorrow - very excited! Other than that, I'll have a couple beers tonight, and get back at it on Monday. Here's what I had for lunch, and I took a progress pic (damn belly fat) right after training:

171926944_12.7Progress.jpeg.61fb02d925727f44a3436a3956b391a9.jpeg

1743028511_12.7PostWO.jpeg.43a3caa5c91623549c4a43f946073f78.jpeg

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday, December 9, 2013:

TRX + HIIT Day (round 1 / round 2)

0. Jump Rope x 60 seconds

1. TRX Press x 20 / Staggered Pushups x 30

2. HighKnees + Buttkicks x 60 seconds (30 ea)

3. Pullups x 12

4. Jump Rope x 60 seconds

5. TRX Row x 15

6. Heisman + 123's x 60 seconds (30 ea)

7. TRX Curls x 15

8. TRX Tricep Press x 15

9. TRX "I's" x 15

10. Jump Rope x 60 seconds

Typed out a full report, and then the website crashed. Short story - this was a solid workout that I could bust out in about 25 minutes. I have a lot of things in the fire currently, so I didn't want to spend too much time training tonight. Wife's veggie spiralizer came in the other day, so she made a zucchini "noodle" dish tonight... Here's a pic. Had to supplement with a bowl of soup since a single zucchini has about 45 calories to it lol.

Training legs tomorrow (heavy weights + power exercises). Should be brutal.

zucchininoodles.jpeg.5208ccd5624de8b111c435e7d3d993b5.jpeg

Tuesday, December 10, 2013:

Leg Day - Supersets

1. Squats - 4 x 10 @ 275lbs

2. Lunge Jumps - 4 x 20 (brutal)

3. Walking Lunge - 4 x 20 @ 90lbs

4. Transverse Rotational Box Jumps (24" box) - 4 x 20

5. Goblet Side Lunge - 4 x 20 @ 45lbs

6. Skater Jumps - 4 x 20

Dude, eighty box jumps. Also, PR on my squats! I wonder what my 1 rep max is on those? Definitely going to be feeling this tomorrow; so, instead of training, I'll just shovel some of this bullshit snow we are supposed to get over the course of the day. I felt great after this session too! I even took the stairs up to my car haha. Came home and had a bowl of soup on top of some bulgur. . . Here's a pic:

1519186004_SoupampBulgur.jpeg.07464e8fa2fd0ab0354b7b15dbbc96f5.jpeg

Omg dude, that last pic of food just made my mouth water.. Ahha!

Nice barbell benching btw! I bloody miss my barbell!

Thanks man, first thing I'll get when we find a place is a legit bench w/ barbell haha

I usually make really simple shit like that: beans, bulgur, carrots, tomato sauce, hot sauce - and that's it!

Saturday, December 14, 2013:

Full Body Weights Day

1. Barbell Bench - 3 x 12 @ 150lbs

2. Single Arm Row - 3 x 10 @ 60lbs

3. DB Pullover - 3 x 12 @ 60lbs

4. Squat - 3 x 10 @ 265lbs

5. Box Jumps - 3 x 12 on 24" box

6. Wide Leg Deadlift - 3 x 12 @ 100lbs

7. 3 Way Pullups - 3 x 12 w/ 25lbs assistance

8. Decline Bench - 3 x 12 @ 145

9. Farmer Carry - 3 x 200' @ 90lbs

10. Weighted Decline Situp - 3 x 12 @ 15lb medicine ball

11. Transverse Medicine Ball Slams - 3 x 12* @ 15lbs

12. Bicycle Abs - 3 x 30*

Shit week. Wasted my Thursday session stressing over property purchase, so I tried to kill it today. Long story short: Monday we offered on a property, lost it same day to someone else; Tuesday we offered on property, accepted and contract signed Wednesday, Thursday were misinformed that closing costs would be around $13k, freaked the fuck out, had a shitty training session that I bailed on halfway though - can't remember what we did, so I didn't record it down here; Friday, woke up at 4:30am in a cold sweat, woke my wife up and said "I don't think we should buy this house" - she agreed - canceled the deal; end of week.

Lesson learned: Do not work with bullshit people. If they look sloppy, they probably work sloppy too. Really pissed off about this whole thing; has soured my taste for property purchase, at least for the next few months. Definitely will be working with someone else next time. Hardest part was that, after we canceled the deal, we learned that closing costs were only going to be about $1,400.00 - all of which could have been rolled into the loan. Thus, we could have showed up at closing with nothing more than our down payment! Had our realtor informed us of this up front, we would be moving in February. However, I do believe that neither of us were all that crazy about the house - so perhaps a blessing in disguise? Going out for vegan pizza and beer to celebrate our fortune/misfortune/end of stress!

Here's what I ate after training (still hungry)... Lately I have been craving Indian food - so maybe I'll break out this cookbook we have and try something fun.

SaturdayCurry.jpeg.5c6889590b4c0a852ef793af890fc85e.jpeg

Shit man! Sucks to hear that everything kinda went tits up with the property buying :/ but you're probably right it might be a good thing as you may have just paid a shit load for a house you weren't super into!

Hope it all gets better dude, you'll find your dream home I'm sure and don't let training get priority! I found that during college I would put training before coursework.. Missing a couple of sessions here and there won't hurt so don't beat yourself up about lacking training and posting

Ooo Indian sounds lovely man! Chana masala all the way!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013:

Upper Body Heavy/HIIT Day

1. Bench Press - 4 x 8 @ 160lbs

2. Single Arm Row - 4 x 8 @ 65lbs

3. Squat Jumps - 4 x 30 seconds (brutal!)

4. Burpee + Pushup + Jump - 3 x 30 seconds

5. Inverted Row - 3 x 15 @ bodyweight

6. Lo - Hi Woodchopper - 3 x 15* @ 35lbs

7. Squat/Curl/Press - 2 x 8 @ 70lbs

8. TRX Iron Cross - 2 x 15

Felt good to get some heavy/hiit training in today. That second giant set was pretty taxing on the ol' ticker; I bet I got up to 160bpm every time. The squat/curl/press illustrated to me that I seriously need to work more on arms and shoulders. I guess its back to upright row, or shrugs, or military press. I need to do more lateral work on the shoulders though, so perhaps some delt raises are in order? The Iron Cross felt like a throwaway exercise, until I got to number 10 or so, then I really felt the whole back screaming. I love that I'm getting heavier on the bench press. Also, major excitement! I was doing some poses in front of the mirror the other day, and if I get my posture just right, I can start to see my serratus anterior poking through! They look like little chik'n nuggets haha! Came home and had a massive bowl of veggie soup.

Been doing some heavy thinking lately re: where I want to live, what path my career should take, when/where to have children . . . all shit that is a bit out of my control at this point. Trying really hard not to let it get to me, but I have a pretty active imagination, which makes it difficult to ignore. I saw this cartoon today which read: "Stop rushing through life, it's not like you are going to get out alive." Good point (though a bit cheesy).

Wednesday, December 18, 2013:

Core + HIIT Day

(Two Rounds)

1. SitUp Vup x 20

2. Stability Ball Pike x 15

3. HighKnees / Buttkicks x 60 seconds (30 ea.)

4. Side Plank w/ Oblique Crunch x 15 | Side Plank w/ Rotation x 15

5. Side Raises x 20* @ 35lbs (need to add more weight to this)

6. Football Drills / Corps Jacks x 60 seconds (30 ea.)

7. TRX Knee Driver x 20

8. Bicycle Abs x 40

9. Heisman / 123's x 60 seconds (30 ea.)

This felt too easy, so I probably should have done three rounds. Though, I was pressed for time and just didn't feel like rushing through a third round just to get one in. Not much to say today, really. Been out for lunch nearly every day this week, but have managed to order something sensible. I love when restaurants have nutrition calculators on their websites, so I can track my calories and macros. I even found a way to have Chipotle, and keep it under 350 calories - haha (nearly impossible)! Going to do a bit of cooking this weekend. I'm thinking maybe trying to make this south Indian vegetable curry I made a few months back (inspired by the dish of the same name I had at Sable Kitchen nearly a year ago - Sable Kitchen owned by a former Top Chef contestant).

Maybe some of you have a recipe you could suggest? I also have these Brussels sprouts I was thinking about roasting in some Sriracha.

Had another bowl of veggie soup for dinner tonight. Ready for the weekend!

I hear you on the thinking about the future worries, when to have kids, career paths etc. although I'm still quite young it's something I already panic about, but everything will sort itself out in the end bud

On a lighter note those are fucking killer DB bench presses! You've got a real strong bench there.

Sprouts sprouts sprouts! Good luck with the cooking dude, I don't stray much further than freon foods haha my gf does the cooking I'm useless!

Hope you're having a good day bud!

Thanks man, it was a good day, but again I got nothing done at work. Turns out that a bunch of work I did over the last couple days proved useless (case were transferred elsewhere), which really pissed me off not only due to the loss of productivity, but also because the cases were interesting subject matter. I swear I will get something of substance done tomorrow!

Thanks for the props on my bench! I've been working at it for a while. Wouldn't it be stellar to get to 200lbs someday??!?? Maybe I'll hang up my trainers then

Thursday, December 19, 2013:

Leg Day

1. Front Squat - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

2. Angle Lunge - 3 x 12* @ 70lbs

3. Lunge Jumps - 3 x 12*

4. Single Leg Deadlift - 3 x 15 @ 35lbs

5. TRX Hamstring Curls - 3 x 20

6. Reverse Lunge to Kick - 3 x 12*

7. Bulgarian Split Squat - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs

8. Straight Leg Deadlift - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

9. Scissor Kicks | Corps Jacks - 3 x 60 seconds (30 ea.)

Trainer bailed on me today as his daughter was getting stitches for a small injury. Never fear! I was able to get a solid workout in at home, and clear my head a little bit. Need to add more weight to the single leg deadlift - time to buy new dumbbells! I've got some extra time tonight, so I think I'll actually cook something; what a concept! SO FUCKING READY for a couple days off of work (Mon/Tues). I'm nearly certain I'll kill my co-worker if I have to hear her talk for another moment - so tomorrow is a headphones on all day kind of day. I'll post this, go make dinner, and come back with a pic....

I'm thinking some kind of bean/brussels sprout/peas/bulgur curry -mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Brussels sprouts, edemame, carrots, English peas, zucchini, bulgur, garlic powder, chipotle seasoning, hot curry powder, sriracha, chili garlic sauce, more sriracha, more sriracha, more sriracha . . . get it? It's spicy as fuck - and delicious!

Macros - 380.3 cals, 24.92g protein, 33.92g carb, 5.97g fat.

LegDayMix.jpeg.d9016e8453077933234493848f7fe402.jpeg

Saturday, December 21, 2013:

Fully Body Heavy/Hiit Day

1. DB Bench - 3 x 10 @ 140lbs

2. DB Pullover - 3 x 12 @ 60lbs

3. Kettlebell Snatch & Press - 3 x 12* @ 25lbs

4. Squat - 3 x 12 @ 265

5. Box Jumps - 3 x 12 on 24" box

6. Deadlift - 3 x 12 @ 155

7. 3 Way Assisted Pullup - 3 x 12 @ 25lbs assist

8. Elevated Plyo Pushup - 3 x 12

9. EZ Bicep Curl - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs

10. Medicine Ball Decline Situp w/ Rotation - 2 x 12 @ 12lbs

11. Back Extensions - 2 x 12 @ 25lbs

12. Bicycle Abs - 2 x 30

Fuckin straight up murdered it today! Had a shitload of energy, since I got the munchies last night ( ) and ate a ton of fruit, and almonds. Got some upsetting news on Friday - my trainer is moving on to another job, which royally sucks for me (but good for him). Feels like I was dumped haha! I'm pretty sure I can make it on my own from here on out, but I still have 29 sessions left to go - so I'll have to take them up with another trainer there. Feeling a bit uneasy about that prospect - I have trust issues. Anyhow, I came home, had a pear, some almonds, and then whipped up some bulgur and garbanzo beans in spicy sauce. No pic because I was starving, and downed that shit straight away.

Friends coming over tomorrow for some beer and American football (snooze! I much prefer soccer). Will return on Monday for sure (maybe Tuesday though, if I'm hungover Hope you guys have a good weekend!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013:

Christmas Eve Training!

1. BB Bench - 3 x 12 @ 155lbs

2. Double Row - 3 x 12 @ 90lbs

3. Slider Pushup - 3 x 12

4. Goblet Squat - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs

5. Single Leg Box Jump - 3 x 12 on 12" box

6. Bulgarian Split Squat - 3 x 12 @ 60lbs

7. Seated Lat Pulldown - 3 x 12 @ 105lbs

8. Bent Over Front Pulldown - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs

9. Hi-Lo Woodchop - 3 x 12 @ 40lbs

10. Battle Ropes(!) - 3 x 30seconds

11. Medicine Ball Slam on Bosu - 3 x 12 @ 10lbs

12. Ski Jumpers - 3 x 12 @ 40lbs

Felt great to get in and train hard after a couple days off. I love those battle ropes so much! The single leg hops, plus the bulgarian split squats were pretty brutal; felt like giving up - but NO! haha. Filmed a short video of me doing the last set of nos. 10 - 12. Haven't filmed any training before, but maybe it could help me work on form. That's it for today - maybe I'll train tomorrow morning. Have a happy holiday everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDGy3j-Q_8s

(Sorry, the "youtube" function is not working for me. If someone can get it to work, I'd appreciate a repost here - thanks!)

Wednesday, December 25, 2013:

Christmas Day Workout

Got a quick one in...

1. Triple Situp 2 x 12

2. Stability Ball Knee Driver - 2 x 20

3. Oblique Crunch - 1 x 20

4. Reverse Crunch w/ Pulse - 2 x 15

5. Hanging Knee Raise - 2 x 15

6. Bicycle Abs - 2 x 40

7. Russian Twist - 1 x 25 @ 25lbs

Had a great holiday, which continues through the rest of this week - so I'm not going to spend much time on this post!

Thursday, December 26, 2013:

Post-Christmas Quickset

1. Stability Ball Alternating Single Arm Press - 3 x 20 @ 35lbs

2. Delt Raise - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs

3. Skull Crushers - 3 x 15 @ 35lbs

4. Sumo Squat - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs

5. Single Leg Deadlift - 3 x 15 @ 35lbs

6. Angle Lunge - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs

7. Supinated Curls - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs (need to work on biceps more)

8. Standing Arnold Press - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs (need to work on these as well)

9. Stability Ball Close Grip Press - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs

Felt good to get a quick workout in after eating pretty much anything (and everything) I want over the last couple days. I'm up to 166lbs (from 160 as of last Friday), which is not surprising, but also kind of a bummer to have to work all that off! Anyhow, my parents are still in town, so I'm gonna go enjoy some time with them.

Cheers all!

Thanks mate, I try to have fun every time! Christmas dinner was good man, had some chili with grilled polenta on top - I love polenta! Ate a bunch of snacks on top of that though, causing me to gain a couple extra this week - no worries, I'll shave that shit off by next Friday How about you? Solid eating? Boxing Day?

Oh yeah, we bought a house! haha.. found another one, and are currently under contract. I'll DM you a link to the property if you want.

Saturday, December 28, 2013:

Saturday Pump

1. Bench Press - 3 x 10 @ 165lbs

2. Front Raise - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs (stayed light on these so as to not aggravate my shoulders)

3. DB Chest Pullover - 3 x 12 @ 60lbs

4. Squat - 3 x 12 @ 275lbs

5. 24" Box Jumps - 3 x 12

6. Wide Leg Deadlift - 3 x 12 @ 90lbs

7. Assisted Pullup - 3 x 12 @ 20lbs assist

8. Assisted Dip - 3 x 12 @ 20lbs assist

9. Farmer Carry - 3 x 200' @ 90lbs

In and out quickly today, as we still have company in town. Ready to have my normal life back, especially w/ respect to diet, and for the holidays to kind of go away. Need to keep this entry short as I am pressed for time, and have too much to do

Looking forward to next week when things settle down a bit. Have a good weekend!

Saturday, December 28, 2013:

Resolutions Log

Was thinking tonight of some resolutions I might have for 2014. I don't normally make resolutions, but I thought it might be fun to test myself, and gain something at the same time. Anyhow, I didn't spend a lot of time on these, just some things that I thought of over the last few minutes:

1. Minimize consumption, or eliminate processed foods / eat only whole foods.

2. Limit cheat meals to twice per month, for three months; including alcohol (do I include processed foods in this?); re-evaluate in April.

3. Be smarter about money (trim unnecessary expenses, consider what I want vs. what I need more often).

4. Eat more calories throughout January, then cut again in February; higher numbers on training days, lower on off days.

5. Stop fearing the number on the scale; keep it under 170lbs.

6. Adopt raw vegan diet in June.

7. Do more for animals in need, way more.

8. Add another training day in per week.

I guess this can be a running list...