Rob's High Intensity Training Log

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#121 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Cheers Dude:) Hows things your at your end mate, all set for Xmas?

User avatar
mrbear666
Elephant
Posts: 1377
Age: 31
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:51 am
Location: wales

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#122 Postby mrbear666 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:24 am

no probs!! yeh all good here thanks, just started upping my calories a bit and still lifting heavy (as i can anyway)! i dont really do christmas so no shopping etc for me :lol: but am looking forward to eating and sitting around! how about you mate, will you train around christmas time or have a bit of a break?

mike
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#123 Postby HIT Rob » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:22 pm

mrbear666 wrote:no probs!! yeh all good here thanks, just started upping my calories a bit and still lifting heavy (as i can anyway)! i dont really do christmas so no shopping etc for me :lol: but am looking forward to eating and sitting around! how about you mate, will you train around christmas time or have a bit of a break?

mike


Sounds good mate, will be nice to get the feet up for a day, maybe i'll watch the wizard of oz again lol. Yes mate, its business as usually over the hols for me, if the gyms open and i'm ready to hit it, i will:)

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#124 Postby HIT Rob » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Quick update,

I've now training almost exclusivity in cluster/block set fashion (rest pause), 10-20 second bouts of activity, followed by 10-20 second rest pauses, i finding am better able to produce a deeper level of fatigue within a given muscle better than the traditional one set to failure associated with H.I.T.

Within each cluster/block i'm integrating different hypertrophy specific techniques (1 1/2 reps, zone training, tri-angular training, occlusion etc) to produce a different effect on the given muscle. My workouts are just as brief, however they are more dense, how much i lift is now fully in the back seat (albeit still of importance).

User avatar
Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner
Posts: 3900
Age: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand.
Contact:

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#125 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:31 pm

How was your Christmas Rob? Hope it was a good one !!

I haven't been on here much lately, new shop to try and get up and running but all is going well now. Take care mate !!

Image
Image

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#126 Postby HIT Rob » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Hey Buddy, that's great news about your shop. Had Great Christmas thanks mate, first vegan Christmas went well, didn't feel deprived in the slightest.

Hope you had a great Christmas as well, and the very best of luck for the new year:)

Rob

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#127 Postby HIT Rob » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:23 pm

Over the last year my focus has been on hypertrophy specific training, but for the up and coming year i'm going to be implementing some different training methods. I've always been into martial arts, so am going to salt in some martial arts training and power/explosive training (farmers walk, tire flipping, power slide etc). I guess this year i lost sight of some other important aspects, ie athleticism, explosive power, function etc.
Last edited by HIT Rob on Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vegan_rossco
Batman
Posts: 1632
Age: 26
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:15 am
Location: Isle of Wight, England

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#128 Postby vegan_rossco » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:21 am

HIT Rob wrote:Over the last year my focus has been on hypertrophy specific training, but for the up and coming year i'm going to be implementing some different training methods. I've always been into martial arts, but am going salting in some martial arts training and power/explosive training (farmers walk, tire flipping, power slide etc). I guess this year i lost sight of some other important elements, athleticism, explosive power, function etc.


Watching worlds strongest man has made me want to implement this sort of thing into my training! If only I could truck pull haha :)
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#129 Postby HIT Rob » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:36 pm

vegan_rossco wrote:
HIT Rob wrote:Over the last year my focus has been on hypertrophy specific training, but for the up and coming year i'm going to be implementing some different training methods. I've always been into martial arts, but am going salting in some martial arts training and power/explosive training (farmers walk, tire flipping, power slide etc). I guess this year i lost sight of some other important elements, athleticism, explosive power, function etc.


Watching worlds strongest man has made me want to implement this sort of thing into my training! If only I could truck pull haha :)



He he, actually Glen Ross does his truck pull day just round the corner from me every Saturday morning. Maybe i should get hooked up lol.

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#130 Postby HIT Rob » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Today's workout...

1. Seated Leg Press 250kgs - in 3 rep cluster set fashion
2. Power slide - 140kgs - 6 runs (about 20 meters per run, with 30 second rests between runs)
3. Stiff Legged DL - 100kgs - in 3 rep cluster set fashion

Didn't need to train calfs, they were very fatigued from the power slide, enjoyed using it, different:)

User avatar
vegan_rossco
Batman
Posts: 1632
Age: 26
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:15 am
Location: Isle of Wight, England

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#131 Postby vegan_rossco » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:07 am

HIT Rob wrote:
vegan_rossco wrote:
HIT Rob wrote:Over the last year my focus has been on hypertrophy specific training, but for the up and coming year i'm going to be implementing some different training methods. I've always been into martial arts, but am going salting in some martial arts training and power/explosive training (farmers walk, tire flipping, power slide etc). I guess this year i lost sight of some other important elements, athleticism, explosive power, function etc.


Watching worlds strongest man has made me want to implement this sort of thing into my training! If only I could truck pull haha :)



He he, actually Glen Ross does his truck pull day just round the corner from me every Saturday morning. Maybe i should get hooked up lol.

What!! That's amazing haha, just join him for a truck sesh! Get a vid too ahha you're so lucky
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#132 Postby HIT Rob » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:56 am

LOL, i couldn't budge half the tonnage he does, i think he weighs 36st these days. Word round the camp fire is he's organizing arm wrestling contest open to the public at Easter in a shopping center in my home town, apparently some farmer won it last year, he went on to win the all Ireland title. Its something i'd love to try, but I've no experience and wouldn't know were to start to find a coach.

User avatar
vegan_rossco
Batman
Posts: 1632
Age: 26
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:15 am
Location: Isle of Wight, England

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#133 Postby vegan_rossco » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:43 am

Mate I doubt I could pull a milkfloat haha!
That sounds awesome mate! Give it a go! And check out a documentary called 'pulling john' all about arm wrestling legend john bryzink, it's something I end up doing when I'm drunk haha
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

User avatar
vegan_rossco
Batman
Posts: 1632
Age: 26
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:15 am
Location: Isle of Wight, England

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#134 Postby vegan_rossco » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:57 pm

Hey dude, was looking for a little advice, do you reckon it's worth doing one armed dumbbell deadlifts? I don't have access to my barbell anymore and I realised I could get more weight in the lift switching to one armed DB deads.
Thought I would ask as I know how knowledgeable you are! Anyways thanks in advance and hope everything's cool your side of the water :)
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

HIT Rob
Gorilla
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#135 Postby HIT Rob » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi Ross,

Yes mate, i used to use them myself a few years ago, their easier on the lower back, takes ya to have big D-B's. I started using them when i watched this video of MMA fighter Jeff Monson using them...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAE9l8LyRSM

Hope this helps mate


Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests