Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:51 pm 
Manatee

Cheers Dude:) Hows things your at your end mate, all set for Xmas?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:24 am 
Elephant

no probs!! yeh all good here thanks, just started upping my calories a bit and still lifting heavy (as i can anyway)! i dont really do christmas so no shopping etc for me :lol: but am looking forward to eating and sitting around! how about you mate, will you train around christmas time or have a bit of a break?

mike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:22 pm 
Manatee

mrbear666 wrote:
no probs!! yeh all good here thanks, just started upping my calories a bit and still lifting heavy (as i can anyway)! i dont really do christmas so no shopping etc for me :lol: but am looking forward to eating and sitting around! how about you mate, will you train around christmas time or have a bit of a break?

mike

Sounds good mate, will be nice to get the feet up for a day, maybe i'll watch the wizard of oz again lol. Yes mate, its business as usually over the hols for me, if the gyms open and i'm ready to hit it, i will:)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:58 pm 
Manatee

Quick update,

I've now training almost exclusivity in cluster/block set fashion (rest pause), 10-20 second bouts of activity, followed by 10-20 second rest pauses, i finding am better able to produce a deeper level of fatigue within a given muscle better than the traditional one set to failure associated with H.I.T.

Within each cluster/block i'm integrating different hypertrophy specific techniques (1 1/2 reps, zone training, tri-angular training, occlusion etc) to produce a different effect on the given muscle. My workouts are just as brief, however they are more dense, how much i lift is now fully in the back seat (albeit still of importance).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:31 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

How was your Christmas Rob? Hope it was a good one !!

I haven't been on here much lately, new shop to try and get up and running but all is going well now. Take care mate !!

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:01 pm 
Manatee

Hey Buddy, that's great news about your shop. Had Great Christmas thanks mate, first vegan Christmas went well, didn't feel deprived in the slightest.

Hope you had a great Christmas as well, and the very best of luck for the new year:)

Rob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:23 pm 
Manatee

Over the last year my focus has been on hypertrophy specific training, but for the up and coming year i'm going to be implementing some different training methods. I've always been into martial arts, so am going to salt in some martial arts training and power/explosive training (farmers walk, tire flipping, power slide etc). I guess this year i lost sight of some other important aspects, ie athleticism, explosive power, function etc.

Last edited by HIT Rob on Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:21 am 
Batman

HIT Rob wrote:
Over the last year my focus has been on hypertrophy specific training, but for the up and coming year i'm going to be implementing some different training methods. I've always been into martial arts, but am going salting in some martial arts training and power/explosive training (farmers walk, tire flipping, power slide etc). I guess this year i lost sight of some other important elements, athleticism, explosive power, function etc.

Watching worlds strongest man has made me want to implement this sort of thing into my training! If only I could truck pull haha :)

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:36 pm 
Manatee

vegan_rossco wrote:
HIT Rob wrote:
Over the last year my focus has been on hypertrophy specific training, but for the up and coming year i'm going to be implementing some different training methods. I've always been into martial arts, but am going salting in some martial arts training and power/explosive training (farmers walk, tire flipping, power slide etc). I guess this year i lost sight of some other important elements, athleticism, explosive power, function etc.

Watching worlds strongest man has made me want to implement this sort of thing into my training! If only I could truck pull haha :)

He he, actually Glen Ross does his truck pull day just round the corner from me every Saturday morning. Maybe i should get hooked up lol.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:50 pm 
Manatee

Today's workout...

1. Seated Leg Press 250kgs - in 3 rep cluster set fashion
2. Power slide - 140kgs - 6 runs (about 20 meters per run, with 30 second rests between runs)
3. Stiff Legged DL - 100kgs - in 3 rep cluster set fashion

Didn't need to train calfs, they were very fatigued from the power slide, enjoyed using it, different:)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:07 am 
Batman

HIT Rob wrote:
vegan_rossco wrote:
HIT Rob wrote:

He he, actually Glen Ross does his truck pull day just round the corner from me every Saturday morning. Maybe i should get hooked up lol.

What!! That's amazing haha, just join him for a truck sesh! Get a vid too ahha you're so lucky

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:56 am 
Manatee

LOL, i couldn't budge half the tonnage he does, i think he weighs 36st these days. Word round the camp fire is he's organizing arm wrestling contest open to the public at Easter in a shopping center in my home town, apparently some farmer won it last year, he went on to win the all Ireland title. Its something i'd love to try, but I've no experience and wouldn't know were to start to find a coach.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:43 am 
Batman

Mate I doubt I could pull a milkfloat haha!
That sounds awesome mate! Give it a go! And check out a documentary called 'pulling john' all about arm wrestling legend john bryzink, it's something I end up doing when I'm drunk haha

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:57 pm 
Batman

Hey dude, was looking for a little advice, do you reckon it's worth doing one armed dumbbell deadlifts? I don't have access to my barbell anymore and I realised I could get more weight in the lift switching to one armed DB deads.
Thought I would ask as I know how knowledgeable you are! Anyways thanks in advance and hope everything's cool your side of the water :)

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:22 pm 
Manatee

Hi Ross,

Yes mate, i used to use them myself a few years ago, their easier on the lower back, takes ya to have big D-B's. I started using them when i watched this video of MMA fighter Jeff Monson using them...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAE9l8LyRSM

Hope this helps mate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next