Yeti's 2014 Log: Enough fucking around.

Well the past few months have sucked. But I've learned from my mistakes and come away a more savvy and resolved man/Vegan. I have worked out dietary deficiencys, rounded off my diet with a whole food/super food optimizer from Now. Removed inflammatory grains, starchy carbs, and vegetable oils from my diet. Increased dietary fat to maximize my natural cholesterol. Paired down my routine to absolute basics shaving a lot of volume/time and increasing the intensity. And I am experimenting with a few more yeti friendly herbal supplements. (Mike Mahler 's aggressive strength, siberian ginseng, and ginger) I've also gone all logical and swapped some of my protein for straight up amino acids. Why, well because I am missing some of my guts and prone to inflammaion, and I feel like it would be less work for my liver. If I am flaring and my liver enzymes are up it will save my liver from skipping a beat with protein powder and hampering me, it might even save me a few Crohn's flares. (Amino are absorbed directly into the blood stream)

So here we go. My body weight is currently 146\147 totally fasted and naked. (;

1/6/14 - 45min

EZ Deadlifts

266x4 / 241x7 > 271/246

Weighted Chinups

101x5 / 60x8 > 106/65

EZ Rows

171x8 > Swapping with DB Rows

DB Lunges

126 x 10 ea. Leg > 131

EZ Shrugs

266 x 12 > 271

Unladen Breathing Chinups x 12

Fuck. Got a bad intestinal blockage Tuesday afternoon my remaining small intestine blocked up 100% and after waiting for it to clear to no avail I had to call an ambulance. Bagged wager on the way and some oral condtrast/barium did shit to push the monster obstruction out so they gave me an ng tube to release the danger amounts of air building in my gut and pump my stomach. I am 100% better now and since the numskulls finally took the ng out early this afternoon 110%. (they were afraid I'd reconstruct but the obstruction was mechanical and from food so I couldn't have... & after physically show them my passes feces they yanked the ng tube and said they wanted to hold me overnight. I am a fucking viking. I declined their pain medication and rode it out like Odin on a goddamn thundercloud. Then I cut open a can of coconut with my knife against their clear liquid diet and guzzled it along with 3 miso, soups, some dates and a couple kind bars.

*My beautiful disabled mom walked 5 miles to get me a can of coconut (my favorite food source) a young coconut coconut water, zero waters, figs, and kind bars.

Missed chest day today but gonna eat hearty tomorrow and get back on the horse Fri.

http://imgur.com/Ql4T5nP

Breaking the no solid food rule. It's kay. Coconut us mostly absorbed into your blood

http://imgur.com/LjcpYGw

Get well treat from mom.

http://imgur.com/HVvSE95

http://imgur.com/mIYdXnN

Out of the hospital. The amazing dietcian catered to my extreme dietary needs and and sent me off with two super baked potatoes (for the insulin spike and fast digestable carbs) two cups of blended black beans, two cups of vegan chill, a house salad with balsamic vinegar. Now at Starbucks having coffee and a low sugar vegetable juice blend.

I need to make some changes to my diet, again. Like blending all my vegetables into a soup, cutting out nuts and replacing with smooth nut butters. I have thickening of my intestinal walls from inflamation.

Well the antibiotics trashed the bacteria in my gut because they treated my elevated white count like i was sick with bacteria. As soon as i found out they were hammering me with amoxacillin i put the kabosh on it. But my probiotics had a nice dent in em so i went to look for a Vegan source. No dice. Desperate i caved and bought hormone free yogurt and mixed Organic ginger with it. I feel the life giving rumble of happy little bacteria in m belly.

Tomorrow i will not lift. I went two days w/o eating. I need to catch up on nutrients and all the trauma to my body. I will sleep eat and stretch.

My soul is thankful to be healthy again.

My guts are really trashed. Today is the first day out of the hospital I have had somewhat of an appetite. I ate some french fries cause fuck it, I needed the calories. But they didn't agree with me even though I used to be fine with em occasionaly. Seems having my stomach pumped really changed my innards.

Managed to eat a bit over 3000kcal today. I feel like after another few nights sleep I can lift.

My amino acids are working well. I think the glutamine is really helping repair my guts. The EAA and BCAA aren't the tastiest but surprisingly they do not bother me.

I refuse to quit. I got a bit down today but I am too fucking strong to be conquered. I will adapt, survive, thrive and live. I am a goddamn viking.

• 6 months later...