Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: mrbears training log
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:27 pm 
Gorilla

mrbear666 wrote:
HIT Rob wrote:
Great bench mate:))

Your right about Mikes recommendations, he had some clients train as little as once every 10-14 days, good friend of Mikes, John Little expanded on this with his Nautilus North Studies, after testing over 1000 clients in a bod pod, he found that average trainee requires 7 days (6.6 to be exact) before anything showed up (overcompensation) as the result of a workout. Some individuals he found required as much a 11 days.

He talks about it here...
http://www.ibi-fitness.com/cardio.html

Happy new year mate:)

cheers for that link Rob, interesting stuff, just browsing around the site now! i trained legs on sunday, did only 2 working sets. 1 set of static hold to total failure on leg extension then straight to leg press for one set of total failure and very nearly puked on the machine and felt pretty rough all day. my legs are still sore writing this on tuesday :lol: . probably including warm up the workout took about 10 mins lol, and the leg press was a pb. awesome :D i always used to be a free weights person, but im loving the way you can concentrate the work so well in specific areas with machines.

Hey buddy,

LOL,i know that feeling all to well:) H.I.T is not a pleasant way to train, but its whats required to best stimulate the body to do what it needs to do. Yes the machines are a very productive tools (certain one's), but free weights can be also. How are your joints, tendons and ligaments feeling with the extra rest?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:34 pm 
Elephant

HIT Rob wrote:
mrbear666 wrote:
HIT Rob wrote:
Great bench mate:))

Your right about Mikes recommendations, he had some clients train as little as once every 10-14 days, good friend of Mikes, John Little expanded on this with his Nautilus North Studies, after testing over 1000 clients in a bod pod, he found that average trainee requires 7 days (6.6 to be exact) before anything showed up (overcompensation) as the result of a workout. Some individuals he found required as much a 11 days.

He talks about it here...
http://www.ibi-fitness.com/cardio.html

Happy new year mate:)

cheers for that link Rob, interesting stuff, just browsing around the site now! i trained legs on sunday, did only 2 working sets. 1 set of static hold to total failure on leg extension then straight to leg press for one set of total failure and very nearly puked on the machine and felt pretty rough all day. my legs are still sore writing this on tuesday :lol: . probably including warm up the workout took about 10 mins lol, and the leg press was a pb. awesome :D i always used to be a free weights person, but im loving the way you can concentrate the work so well in specific areas with machines.

Hey buddy,

LOL,i know that feeling all to well:) H.I.T is not a pleasant way to train, but its whats required to best stimulate the body to do what it needs to do. Yes the machines are a very productive tools (certain one's), but free weights can be also. How are your joints, tendons and ligaments feeling with the extra rest?

joints and tendons are feeling spot on, and my back is getting better slowly, still having slight trouble with my upper back but nothing too serious. im going to see howthis goes for a while then i might even lower the volume a little more, of my upper body workouts at least as i cant do much less for legs lol. do you think im on the right track with legs one sunday, upper body the next sunday, then legs again the following sunday and so on? i know only i can tell really through progress in the gym and in the mirror, but i like your input on things!

how is your training going these days? still making progress/gains?

cheers :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:32 am 
Gorilla

I'll get back to ya later mate, i'll send ya a wee pm:)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:38 pm 
Batman

Speaking of Cornish pasties has got my mouth watering hahaha! You came across vegan ones yet? They do frozen ones and packaged fresh ones in holland and Barrett (most of them anyway) they're okay I suppose.. Maybe il try and make my own ;)

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:44 pm 
Elephant

yo Ross, i havent come across any, i have a look in holland and barret now and again but i never really get anything other than vit pills and so on from there...............the vegan ice cream they have looks good though, u tried it? good job on the monster dumbell bench press by the way :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:51 pm 
Batman

Ahh that's a shame, some stores are huuuge and have a great chilled vegan section! Yeah the Swedish glacé stuff I think it's called, it's bloody lovely, shit that reminds me I have some.. Now I have to go stuff my face...
Thanks man I'm proper happy with it :D hitting 40s next time :o how's your training? I've noticed you're doing lots of rest days

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:56 pm 
Elephant

hahaha you gotta feed the beast my friend, and ice cream is a good place to start......mariusz pudzianowski used to swear by it! 40's jesus haha, can u get them into position ok with out a spotter? training is good thanks doing a proper HIT thing now and its going well strength is climbing nicely.......feels weird for only 10-15 mins of training once a week but it hurts at the time :lol: right holland and barret ice cream for me this weekend i think :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:14 pm 
Batman

Yeah it takes a bit of kicking the weights into position haha plus I have pillows and cushions on the floor either side so I can just drop the DBs ahha.
Get some dude it's beaut! Proper soft and creamy too! Chop up some bananas to have with it ;) you can't go wrong haha

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:14 am 
Elephant

HIT upper body today, 15 mins of hell.........got some funny looks as i was straining so hard on pec dec static holds lol. got some things going on outside the gym as of late, so its nice to go and clear the mind with some brutal weights, wish i felt how i do when im training outside of the gym.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:04 am 
Batman

Everything okay mike? I'm always a message away if you wanna chat dude :)

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:20 am 
Elephant

cheers mate means alot! just some of the usual hurdles that get put infront in life sometimes, or most of the time in my case usually my own fault tho.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:48 pm 
Elephant

totally fatigued and sore after sundays workout, definitely seeing some growth now though 8) :D loads of food and an early night i think!

Post subject: Re: mrbears HIT bulk journal
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:18 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Sounds like a good plan Mike! Stay positive too, try to view obstacles and problems as potential opportunites. Sounds stupid, but that's what I do and it's amazing how much we worry about stupid stuff that really doesn't mean much in the long run.

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:49 pm 
Manatee

bulk = excuse to eat like an animal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:27 pm 
Elephant

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Sounds like a good plan Mike! Stay positive too, try to view obstacles and problems as potential opportunites. Sounds stupid, but that's what I do and it's amazing how much we worry about stupid stuff that really doesn't mean much in the long run.

cheers MF, i tend to worry and stress about things that dont actually matter i think, iam making an effort to not take life so seriously from now on but i find it hard........hope your good in NZ!! good news your shop is doing so well :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 65  Next