K.I.S.S. Ideas..

Keep

It

Simple

Stupid

Im in need of a K.I.S.S. meal plan to get me going 100% vegan. Im a local/regional truck driver so i dont have a break room to go to during the day and sometimes stay out over night. So i need portable foods that have plenty of good nutritional value. I travel with a cooler, so keeping something cool is pretty easy.

At home i need quick, easy, meals, being that i am the only one giving this a go at the moment. I hope it rubs off to the rest of the family as i make gains. I will try and do a weekly more complex meal to share with the family from a vegan cookbook.

Just wanted some ideas for EASY, but very nutritional meals. I just picked up some Sun Warrior protein to give a try, but its high$$ , so i may be on the lookout for bulk of some sort.

Thanks in advance , and you guys are awesome!

I don't know how much help I will be since I usually have a kitchen but what about shakes, nuts, you could get a food dehydrator and make chips from veggies, peanut/almond butters.... Do you have a blender? There's a lot of Vegan snacks you could order?

Will have to give this one some thought. First one that comes to mind is when home cooking up dinner, cook up like 2x for the leftovers that you can keep warm/cold as needed. How I do my lunches as work most days (preferably). Lots of things keep well and are low investment....spaghetti, chili, love pretty much anything with Quninoa (Costco sell a big bag of organic for like $10.)....toss in peppers, onion, mushrooms, some lightlife sausage or similar if that's how you roll, lentils seem to cook up in the same amount of time so throw in some of that (dried), cumin, garlic, paprika, pepper to taste. Also dumping in some good salsa works too. Great for breakfast, keeps well and can eat later for lunch warm or cold.

If on overnight trips, first could map out where nearest Whole Foods is as they usually have some good ready=made vegan stuff in the deli section. Many restaurants I've found will whip you up something if you ask. Usually chinese, indian places will leave out the egg, or fish oil, etc. and even make you something not on the menu (lots of places have veg korma but not many here have veg tandori or vindaloo...but happy to make it whenever I've asked.). Also, for on the go, recommend set some chia seeds (also, COSTCO a great place) virtually tasteless, packed with nutrition, mix into whatever you're having, or have as a drink or even eat some straight up with a spoon after soaking in water as directed. Package of spinach, good dairy/egg free bread, spread of choice (mustard, horseradish, whatever), any other veg you like or as said earlier, some tofurkey or lightlife slices and you're ready for a sandwich on the go whenever. Lastly, with Magicbullet on hand you're pretty set for wherever you wind up....grocery store for your assortment of veg...bet a conviencie store would let you get some ice/water for free...chia again, or if you're into it, NOW makes some great pea protein powder that mixes nicely (buy it online for a good price).

Just a few ideas off the top of my head....

You can make some very easy tofu strips/steak...white, firm kind...again, paprika, cumin, garlic, pepper, (pretty much whatever spices you like really). Slice it in to 1/4 inchish strips, spice up on both sides, fry in a pan a bit...tasty on a sandwich, should travel well...