Rossco's journal

Hi Ross,

Its not uncommon to experience nausea or light headedness when training intensely (this is especially true on larger muscle groups) ...

Its the result of the body burning so much glycogen out of the muscles, it attempts to continue on with more muscular contractions by manufacturing more glucose out of the lactic acid that has been building up within the muscle/s. Not a pleasant sensation, i find a tablespoon of sugar under the tongue helps.

Hey rob, glad there's nothing wrong with me haha, it happened a couple of time before when training legs, wasn't expecting it from only squatting 60Kg..

Cheers mate

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Providing I get my barbell back from my parents house I want to set some lifting goals.

Barbell deadlift 200Kg (hopefully get a slight bend in the bar )

Bench 95Kg

Squat 130Kg that's already my max but I want to still be able to hit it!

I won't have all year, just from spring until late autumn due to training outside. I don't mind the cold I just don't want to train in the wind and rain haha

I haven't been paying attention, but how many days per week do you train? I like to give myself a couple days rest during the weekend, and maybe one more day during the week.

Also, dude, 200kg for a deadlift is freakin huge man! I might even fly over there to witness such a spectacle! haha

Hope you're doing well mate. Sending you a facebook friend request if that's not too weird!

I tend to train by how I feel mate, so if I feel run down and sore I won't train, but it tends to be 3 or 4 days a week. Every now and again I'll take a fair bit of time off, recovery is so important but its often overlooked.

Woohoo cheers man, my current maximum deadlift is 175Kg but that was quite a while ago :/

Of course that's not weird! glad to have you on there bud, you are a friend afterall

I uploaded a couple of photos.. Firstly, I'm unable to train for a couple more days due to my house being fitted with a new boiler and better heating, it's taken over my whole house but my gym room has taken the biggest blow as the gas boiler is in that room.. Oh well, I kind of needed a few days off anyway

Also I got some omega 3 6 and 9 any opinions on when the best time of day to take them? I'm sure it doesn't matter too much

image.jpg.6bcff1dcfefca46d843a46b4b56737b6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.9cf4461d69ddd2bf1cc23f1c3b543253.jpg

Nailed it today! Got a huge personal best on bench press and I'm chuffed to bits!

Dumbbell bench press- weight is both dumbbells combined

20Kg x 15 reps

20kg x 12 reps

50Kg x 10 reps

75Kg x 8 reps!

According to the one rep max calculator this puts my max for bench press at 95Kg! Woohoo

Dumbbell flys- weight is both dumbbells combined

20Kg x 15 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

30Kg x 10 reps

35Kg x 8 reps

I tried to do one arm push ups... Couldn't really do it, it just kinda hurt tbh..

3 reps with my left arm.

4 reps with my right arm.

Knuckle push ups x 20 reps

Tricep kickbacks- weight is per dumbbell reps are per arm

7.5Kg x 15 reps

7.5Kg x 12 reps

12.5Kg x 10 reps

17.5Kg x 8 reps (barely) when the weight get this heavy I tend to jerk my back around which obviously isn't good. Il deload it by a lot next time and work on the technique before I fuck myself up ahha

Finished with some tricep extensions using resistant bands

Red band (medium) x 25 reps

Black band (heavy) x 25 reps

I was still feeling a bit of soreness when I started training today which made it a bit more difficult...

I still managed to do okay!

One arm shoulder press/circus press

Warm ups.

Left arm: 17.5Kg x 6 reps

Right arm: 17.5Kg x 6 reps

Left arm:25Kg x 6 reps

Right arm:25Kg x 6 reps

Working sets

Left arm:

30Kg x 4 reps

30Kg x 4 reps

30Kg x 5 reps

Right arm:

30Kg x 5 reps

30Kg x 5 reps

30Kg x 5 reps

Would have added more weight but my left arm was having none of it.. Plus a slight soreness in my triceps was preventing me from locking out the reps. Will add 2.5kg a session from now on.

Seated overhead press. Figured it would be better to do them seated from now on, it's a lot harder haha

10Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

This was enough.

Side raises

5Kg x 12 reps

5Kg x 12 reps

10Kg x 12 reps

10Kg x 12 reps

Bent over side raises

2.5Kg x 12 reps

5Kg x 12 reps

7.5Kg x 12 reps

7.5Kg x 12 reps

It's bloody delicious beer lads

I actually had to buy new shirts and trousers for the office.. I had to get large! For the first time in my life yaaaaaaaaaaay hahaha

Il post up a pic shortly

One arm dumbbell deadlifts- I did these in the centre of my feet instead of either side

35Kg x 10 reps each arm

50Kg x 6 reps each arm

57.5Kg x 4 reps right arm, x3 reps left arm.

Left it here for now, overall soreness is holding me back again I'm gonna rethink when I train and what days I rest.

Dumbbell rows- weight is per dumbbell

10Kg x 12 reps each arm

25Kg x 12 reps each arm

25Kg x 12 reps each arm

32.5Kg x 12 reps each arm

I'm looking forward to pulling big weight with this exercise, but slow and steady and all that shit..

Dumbbell concentration curls- weight is per dumbbell

7.5Kg x 15 reps

10Kg x 12 reps

12.5Kg x 10 reps

20Kg x 4 reps.. Disappointment, but I was a little ambitious, deload it is.

+2 reps extra each arm of reverse curls where I let the weight down super slowly after cheating it into position.

Followed by resistance band curls, red band (medium) x 20 reps.

That's all for today I think, not feeling shrugs tbh.. I just want my barbell back haha

I have trained the last couple of days but haven't gotten around to logging and can't be bothered haha, trained legs and abs the other day mostly body weight..

Yesterday I trained chest.

Bench press- weight is dumbbells combined

20Kg x 10 reps

20Kg x 10 reps

50Kg x 10 reps

80Kg x 2 reps! Could have easily hit another 2 but the dumbbells were so unstable and heavy I knew that going to failure would result in dropping 40Kg either side and smashing my floor into pieces..

Finished up with 60Kg x 10 easy!

Can't really remember the rest of the session, but it consisted of flys, push-ups and kickbacks.

The weather forecast is rain for the next week.. So no outside deadlifts, I may be going to a gym on Tuesday for a little session though