turning mrbear into a mountain!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good plan Mike! Stay positive too, try to view obstacles and problems as potential opportunites. Sounds stupid, but that's what I do and it's amazing how much we worry about stupid stuff that really doesn't mean much in the long run.

cheers MF, i tend to worry and stress about things that dont actually matter i think, iam making an effort to not take life so seriously from now on but i find it hard........hope your good in NZ!! good news your shop is doing so well

bulk = excuse to eat like an animal

haha your right pal i never seem to get cutting quite right, so im just going to lift heavy and eat lots and do no cardio lol, 100kgs by september!! (without increasing my waistline, well, maybe just a tiny bit ) hope your well over in brazil!

100kg? Holy crap, you'll look like an absolute behemoth mate!

haha hopefully mate, shouldnt take long eating like i have today.

meal 1- 6 weetabix, 2 bananas, 110g peanut butter, 2 scoops soy powder.

meal 2 - hash browns and tomatos bap, 4 bananas, 2 baked potatos.

meal 3 - protein shake.

meal 4 - vegetable curry, rice and chips ( BIG portion).

meal 5 - banana malt loaf (the whole thing )

meal 6 - pea protein shake.

did my HIT leg session yesterday. my legs are totally ruined today, managed 33 reps of 80kg on the leg extension nice and slow which hurt like hell i could barely walk out of the gym after super setting that with leg press. went to see lamb of god, decapitated, and huntress last night which obviously didnt help my already frail legs. amazing gig though all the bands were great, and the whole place was going mental

Good stuff Mike...

Sound like the static holds have had a positive effect on your full range strength (that and the fact your regulating your volume and frequency very well).

Lamb of God....lucky sob, contemplating on going to see Dream Theater in a few months.

Sounds like that would have been a pretty mental gig ?!

Yikes, that's a hard leg session mate. You have some time off training to recover now? Hope you had a great weekend ~ seems like you did MF.

alright pal, mental is not the word ive been to quitea few heavy gigs but the crowd was just insane at this one, the entire place turned into a giant mosh and circle pit........i was soaked to the skin in beer and sweat (i was sober tho iswas other peoples beer that was getting thrown everywhere) my ears a ringing still now i hope i havent damaged them because its ringing pretty loud and it 24hrs later

yeh ill stay away from training till sunday then hit upper body then! hope u had a good weekend too buddy

Good stuff Mike...

Sound like the static holds have had a positive effect on your full range strength (that and the fact your regulating your volume and frequency very well).

Lamb of God....lucky sob, contemplating on going to see Dream Theater in a few months.

alright big Rob, yeh the training is working really well! i went up 10kg on the extensions thinking i would get 12 to 15 but ended up at over 30 lol my strength is climbing nicely, and dont feel like im about to cause an injury like i normally do with higher volume training methods! think ill go back to static holds again the next few weeks the deep burn from them is amazing! i also did some calf presses, just one set to failure.....but only from the very bottom of the stretch (i do them on the leg press with my heels offthe bottom of the foot plate) to the foot flat position, and the pain was immense much worse i found than going to the contracted position. why i dont know, maybe you can enlighten me?

dream theatre would be awesome, i dont really listen to their stuff but i have heard a few bits. they put on a good show from what i have heard! ive got sepultura and soulfly next month then ill give my ears a bit of recovery time i think hope all is well in ireland pal !

All's well this end mate:)

Like a weighted static stretch? It feels harder that position because its a position of disadvantaged leverage. John Martini had me perform 3-5 second pause's of each rep in the stretched position on flyes with a lighter resistance, it felt horrible, like you mentioned, much worse than just preforming the contracted position, but am not convinced its more productive because of how it "feels", due to that the given muscle can only be sub-maximally loaded in that position.

Its much safer ( and much more productive ) to train in the strongest range, as ALL of the muscle fibers types can be brought into play and stimulated in the fully contracted position.

Hope this helps

All's well this end mate:)

Like a weighted static stretch? It feels harder that position because its a position of disadvantaged leverage. John Martini had me perform 3-5 second pause's of each rep in the stretched position on flyes with a lighter resistance, it felt horrible, like you mentioned, much worse than just preforming the contracted position, but am not convinced its more productive because of how it "feels", due to that the given muscle can only be sub-maximally loaded in that position.

Its much safer ( and much more productive ) to train in the strongest range, as ALL of the muscle fibers types can be brought into play and stimulated in the fully contracted position.

Hope this helps

good good, ah i see, i kinda thought this might be the case with them, maybe it was just the stretching that was causing the pain rather than the muscle stimulation then!, i guess calf raises are a good thing to do static holds in the contracted position then as you cant really lock out as such!? ill give it go and see how i get on my calves have always been quite stubborn to grow. maybe some super heavy cluster sets too, oh i can feel the DOMS already cheers Rob

Absolutely mate, heavy rest pause training works well with calf training, as do static holds (though the first few times i did super heavy statics on calfs, they went into a series of cramps that lasted all night, wasn't pleasant man). If calf's are a stubborn muscle for ya, its probably best to train them first in the workout, it shouldn't effect your thigh training.

Sorry forgot to mention, yeah seen those bands were coming here, not a massive fan, though, i do like roots and bullet the blue sky, top tunes:)

Absolutely mate, heavy rest pause training works well with calf training, as do static holds (though the first few times i did super heavy statics on calfs, they went into a series of cramps that lasted all night, wasn't pleasant man). If calf's are a stubborn muscle for ya, its probably best to train them first in the workout, it shouldn't effect your thigh training.

Sorry forgot to mention, yeah seen those bands were coming here, not a massive fan, though, i do like roots and bullet the blue sky, top tunes:)

ugh cramps the worst isnt it! i used to get that all the time on ham string curls, the second i went over 25kg i would get the worst cramp ever had to stop doing it in the end, deep leg press seems to do the trick for them enough now though! roots is a amazing tune! soulflys new one 'bloodshed' is good too and who can forget ratamahata, classic metal

decided to clean my diet up a bit, and eat less processed/junk type stuff again..........heres a list of what ill be eating, quantities and meal times unknown but rest assured macros will be met one way or another with a minimum of 4 meals daily. but only with these foods. any comments criticisms are welcome!

all beans

lentils

oil free salads

pea protein powder

soy protein powder

chick peas

all fruit

all veg

nuts

fruit teas

water

peanut butter

tofu

Am in the same boat mate, need to clean up my diet aswell. That all looks good, are you going to be eating that water with a knife and folk lol (sorry, just joking:). Something that i'll started use this last few months in hemp seed oil, its in a black wine style bottle at Tesco's, called The Good Oil, its 25 times more omega 3 than olive oil. Tasty too:)