Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal

C.O.

We made about 30 different small pizza's without any recipes, we just threw random ingredients together. I would say sunflower butter and figs go well together. However if you add vegan cheese to that mix up it just a little confusing to the taste buds.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good all around workout tonight. I'm definitely making some progress with squats and my posture and core strength.

Oh snap the dreaded turkey day is coming... I mean I love to eat, but I'm heading up state to Buffalo home of wings, pizza, lasagne, and every other super unhealthy food, and fat relatives.

I gotta come up with a couple of healthy dishes to bring to the meal that I can trick them in to eating by not letting them know they are healthy. If anyone reading this has some ideas let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

So Thanksgiving in Buffalo was not the best for my diet, but it was good to see my relatives.

I made a garlic-mushroom polenta dish that turned out pretty good.

Been slacking a little bit on the workouts but got in the gym today for some serious arm work with a little abs/core/back on the side. Tomorrow back to legs, 2 more week until first snowboard trip of the season for me, praying for powder.

Played in a flag football tournament this past weekend. Not really my sport but it was fun. 12 teams, we somehow made the playoffs top 6 with a record of 1-2, it pays to be in a division with 1 strong team and 3 weak ones I guess.

Good choice with the polenta. You want to make something that tastes sweet or fatty, as SAD eater's tastebuds are not sensitive to those flavors, but they expect them.

I'm blessed with a good fam and we had an all vegan Thanksgiving, for the 1st time... whoa! I made a yam/squash mash, with garlic, cinnamon & cloves, with a lil earth balance and salt. Got some love for it...

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

At parents house, workouts will be a little tricky but ill do weightless training and tomorrow i'll head up to workout with a friend at the community center, get some heavy plates to throw around.

I posted a weightless at home workout video in the forums here if anyone is interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Shabby, the little hedgehog in my picture is really making me look bad fitness wise. I think he runs non-stop on his wheel about 3 hours per night. Maybe if I also slept 19 hours a day I might also have this endurance?

Irregular sleeping pattern is screwing up my nutrition. Anyone reading this can relate or have tips please share. I'll be doing some googling and post something in the health section of the forum in the near future.

Taking a little page out of Robert's book, I'm back to doing push-ups, planks, squats and some other various weightless exorcizes daily.

Doing toes to the wall squats with arms above my head 30 x 3. combined with an arms, shoulders, chest, back, and core day. I'm now a zombie.

New food combo I love - Yams filled with cowboy caviar (its a bean and corn salsa from trader joes).

• 3 weeks later...

Updates:

Had to give up Shabby the hedgehog, but he went to a loving family that has one already, they will be in separate houses so they dont fight but they dont seem to dislike each other, just no real interested which is weird because they are male and female.

I am getting into pumpkin seed butter and also into vega's maca chocolate bars.

Soccer season started with a crazy 8-9 loss, we were up 8-6 and gave up 3 late goals ugh. Defense is the focus next game.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Rob, I play soccer still. Lower level of competitiveness but still competitive enough to be super fun. I'm currently playing in the top tier of a social co-ed league.

Bad start to the season, 1 win and 2 losses, and 2 of us ejected from the last game, one was me haha, I tend to have a big mouth with the other team does dirty intentional fouls on my teammates that the ref doesnt call haha, fortunately we still won that game, first win of the season.

whooo, squats training definitely helps in the half pipe, that was definitely noticeable.

Working out in general is definitely got me feeling great and confident. Ever since a recent tough break up I've been having great luck meeting cool and attractive women.

I need some bigger dumb-bells for the house, I out grew these, that makes me very happy.

New Meal: Zucchini, sweet peppers, veg cheese over temphe mmmmm.

Thanks dude. Life has been good. Its crazy when you remove negativity from your life how many good things start to happen.

PS Vegan Black truffle mayonnaise is the best thing on the planet.

I worked the nyc vegetarian festival last weekend. Great time, met some wonderful people. I would recommend Upton's Naturals seitan too, as long as you dont have a wheat allergy the stuff is great, tastes good, good flavors, good ingredients as long as you can do wheat.

I need to get a new gym membership, these at home workouts aren't doing the trick im getting smaller.

Soccer is going well though. We just beat the 1st place undeafeated team yesterday so we head into the playoffs next week ranked 3rd!

Glad to see you're on the mend emotionally.

Just spotted you're in Brooklyn. I'll be travelling there in December for my honeymoon, looking for vegan eat, craft beer treats and if I'm feeling up for it perhaps a couple of visits to a crossfit box there. Any recommendations?

Wait! You're going to Brooklyn for your honeymoon? And you're going to do crossfit during your honeymoon? You must have married the coolest person ever!

You should go to Dirt Candy and to Champs for dinner. You should go to Cinnamon snail for lunch and get pastries from them as well, its a truck but its better than most restaurants in my opinion.

For craft beer... hmm that is one thing I miss a lot about not being on the west coast. check out a bar called Pine Box Rock Shop. They always have a great selection of beers on draft, if they have the kentucky bourbon ale you must get it, they also have vegan empanadas that are good, and there is lots of times a cool event happening in the back of the bar.

Also you can look up vegan drinks meetup if you two are wanting to be social and meet people. Once a month its at a different bar, always good food, drinks and people.

For late night eats Hanna foods is a health food store with a couple of locations that makes the best sandwhiches. Vik's pizza makes a good variety of vegan pizza by the slice.

Wow, that's an amazing choice already. Thanks. you probably just listed more vegan places in Brooklyn than there is in the entire of Wales.

To be perfectly honest I doubt I'll go to the crossfit box to do more than just buy a t-shirt, but who knows. It depends how good the beer is

Thanks for the advice, I'm not married yet, but yes she is pretty damn cool. If vegan drinks has a meet while we're there we may well go.

Being around more vegheads makes it easier not to cheat. I like going to eat with a group of 4 and we all pass around our plates family style so everyone gets to try everything.

Great day snowboarding in Jersey Sunday. Getting my legs ready for Colorado next week, can't wait!

Tuesday (tomorrow) is round 1 of the playoffs for my soccer team, we are 4th and play vs 5th in the 1st round. Should be a tough match.

Unfortunately, I can't complain, if we win I will miss the semi's and the finals while I'm in CO snowboarding.

Just household arms and abs today.

Wednesday wine bar date, Italian style, hopefully they have some items without cheese or that they can make without it.

• 4 weeks later...

I havent been journaling or in the gym.... Been getting serious workouts in bed with a new lady which I can't complain about, great for the core/abs. Been using dumb bells at home as well as weightless exercises.

Started new outdoor soccer season. So far 2 games in we are 1 win and 1 tie. Not a bad start.

So much good food can be made vegan if you ask right at restaurants. Dont ask for vegan. Tell them specifically can you make this dish without cheese or butter. NP.

Greek place with esl language barrier however a little tricky....

Found a NY beer called Kuka banana nut brown that is delicious and brewed with maca!

Anyone need some Vega protein powder I have some extra I'll sell you and ship ya for cheap?