Hey everyone!

Kayla

Hey everyone! My name is Kayla, I'm a 20 year old college student and I've been gluten free and vegan since June 2013. I'm gluten intolerant and have a mild allergy to dairy, but the eggs and meat are a choice (and even if I were to magically have no dairy allergy, I wouldn't eat it). I went vegan for ethical reasons following many years of vegetarianism. The switch to GF vegan happened while I was in treatment for an eating disorder, so I was seeing a nutritionist weekly at the time and she fully supported my reasons behind the veganism and helped me immensely to be sure my diet was still balanced! I started to become interested in weight lifting when I got back into exercise after recovering from the anorexia (whereas before all I ever did was cardio), and it makes me feel so strong and empowered. I have begun to take it more seriously and am considering competing at some point if I stay healthy and happy doing this! I'm excited to join this community and see what I can offer others and what others can offer me!

Welcome to the forum Kayla, great to have you here and interesting to read about your switch to being GF. I'm sure that has made such a massive difference! I look forward to seeing you posting more around the board.

Feel free to start up a training journal so that we can follow along and see what you are up to. All the best with your goals for this brand new year MF.