80-10-10 and lifting

bbillcee

Hey, my advice would be to get off 80-10-10 if it's not working for you, personally it's never appealed to me at all. Just out of curiosity why did you decide to try it?

Ross

read, watched so many good things about it...great for losing weight thou

Gained muscle on 811:

Chris Califano

Justin Morgan

Richard Blackman

Runners Tim Van Ordan and Michael Arnstein gained muscle they didn't want on 811

And there's primates.

The most common reason for strength loss is actually energy loss from eating less calories, which is common, as fruit takes up a lot more room for its calories. Put your diet into Cronometer.com and see if you're eating enough.

Gained muscle on 811:

Chris Califano

Justin Morgan

Richard Blackman

Runners Tim Van Ordan and Michael Arnstein gained muscle they didn't want on 811

And there's primates.

The most common reason for strength loss is actually energy loss from eating less calories, which is common, as fruit takes up a lot more room for its calories. Put your diet into Cronometer.com and see if you're eating enough.

Chris Califano also consumes greens, nuts and seeds.

Justin Morgan and muscle loss on 811 -

TVO consumes avocados, A LOT of greens, and little fruit compared to everyone else. He would do much better if he included oily seeds.

Michael Arnstein looks super healthy however he isn't an example of muscular.

Primates consume large amounts of greens. It has been shown in biochemistry that Vitamin A and its derivatives stimulate protein synthesis and Vitamin K stimulates keratin synthesis. -- Compare a mostly fruit eating gorilla to a solely leaf eating gorilla.. who has more muscle?

Fruit is like 90% water and doesn't take that much space and neither do greens if they are chewed properly.

Its impossible to gain muscle on a raw diet without sufficient greens.

Avocados are fruit. Nuts and seeds are excepted on 811 in small amounts.

"Primates consume large amounts of greens." So? 811rs eat more greens than anyone else(except some, like DR -doesn't seem to slow his times down)

Why link the Justin Morgan video? It was his opinion which concerned fat-loss. Muscle loss only happens with under-eating or lack of use.

I never said Michael Arnstein was an example of muscular.

Avocados are fruit. Nuts and seeds are excepted on 811 in small amounts.

"Primates consume large amounts of greens." So? 811rs eat more greens than anyone else(except some, like DR -doesn't seem to slow his times down)

Why link the Justin Morgan video? It was his opinion which concerned fat-loss. Muscle loss only happens with under-eating or lack of use.

I never said Michael Arnstein was an example of muscular.

Accepted? Is 811 a doctrine?

There is nothing wrong with a high consumption of nuts and oily seeds unless you live in a polluted city or smoke. I consume a good amount of oily seeds but I only use my mouth to break them down and mix them with saliva. I follow my instincts when I've had enough.

Excellent videos for raw foodists.

Muscle loss also happens when the body is too alkaline.

I mean't that Michael Arnstein hasn't gained any considerable amount of muscle to be placed in your list.