Help the skinny fatman prove the Paleo doubters wrong

manvsclock

Hey guys,

I'm new to this site and have had so much inspiration already, just browsing! I'm new to veganism (3 months) after opening up my eyes to the horrors that happen to animals - I'm happy with my choice and really want to make it work. I love the concept here that our fit and strong bodies can be our best form of activism!

So here's the deal...I've got the dreaded "skinny fat" man body at the minute. I've enrolled at a 'total body training' gym with an awesome personal trainer here in Bangkok. I used them last time (about a year ago) when I was on the Paleo diet and I got in the shape of my life. The personal trainer is skeptical about my vegan diet and I really want to prove it can be done!

I have 2 months to do this. I train Monday-Friday and the hour is hardcore - it's the kitchen where I need help. I'm overdosing on tofu at the moment, which I doubt is a great idea. What kind of meals can I eat to build muscle, but not add to my belly fat? Cheers! Feel free to add me on my fitness pal app 'manvsclock.'

Edited by manvsclock

Hi and welcome to the community. What is it like to eat vegan in Bangkok? Lots of produce available? options at restaurants or do you cook a lot yourself?

hey mate - I think I accidentally PM'd you in the reply. basically I said I think it's cheaper, but probably less healthy to eat out than to eat in. Did you receive that? Sorry about the mix up!

Hi and welcome to the community. What is it like to eat vegan in Bangkok? Lots of produce available? options at restaurants or do you cook a lot yourself?

I'm interested in this too, I'll be in Bangkok Thursday and Friday.

Andi - there is a Chinese/Thai culture here and they cook something called "Jay Food" which is pretty much 100% vegan without onions. If you're anywhere near the centre (anywhere with a BTS underground station) I can show you one place which is my go-to vegan food stall. It's inside a mall and it's great value for money.