Hello!

Karma007

Hello, fellow badasses!

I'm Karma! (I always feel like I'm speed dating when I do this!)

I'm vegan.

A cyclist.

A gym rat.

An aspiring beginning ballet dancer (at 40!)

5'5", 150 (aiming for 135 but the plateau I'm at it more like a brick wall)

What brought me me- looking for solutions. There's a lot of information out there, but data on vegan sports nutrition is pretty vague at best. I found this site, and am thrilled to see some like minded people.

As I try to go from riding less to dancing more, I'm trying to rebuild my body. Obviously dancing more helps, but I'm looking for flaws in the system. Why the scale won't move. What works best for high-performing vegans. I look forward to reading some of the files, and trying to find some answers. I'd love to find a dietician who specializes in this sort of thing. I'd love to work with a personal trainer, but it's out of the budget and and $ I have goes in to dance classes and cycling event fees.

Anyway, Hello! (I added that because it made me laugh!)

• 11 months later...

Hello Karma!

I just found your introduction on here after searching for 'ballet'. I'm a long time martial artist that has recently started putting a (somewhat ridiculous) amount of time and enthusiasm into picking up ballet at age 34. As a fellow ballet enthusiast, hello, hello!

I don't know if you overcame that weight loss plateau, but I'm working on the same thing right now. Trying to drop 5-6KG to take some pressure off my joints for dance.

Happy dancing!

• 2 months later...

Hey Karma,

I agree that it is difficult to find information related to vegan sports nutrition. It's certainly not something widely covered in the traditional fitness magazines or media and it looks like a good resource has been built up here. I'm more interested in bodybuilding than ballet myself but it's cool to see people with such a wide array of fitness and training interests here.

Good luck with your training - Kev