• 6 months later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it was a gradual shift from high carb diet to macro ratio of 40% carb/40% protein/20% fat. From 3000 cal a day to under 2000. Cardio 5 days a week with intervals.

I overdid the cutting a bit...I'm not genetically well balanced top to bottom so to get my butt in shape I have to over cut my upper body and lose some mass. I know my back is over cut for figure division but there was no way I was going on stage with a saggy butt.

• 5 months later...

Just competed in the IDFA BC Classic in Vancouver this weekend...3rd in Figure (3rd out of 3...yay) and 5th out of 7 in Fitness model...also not a terribly enthusiastic yay...but here's some pics from the hotel room.

Competition weight 127 lbs. 5 ft 8 height. 11% Body fat.

10% of the competitors in this show were vegan...although it was a small show...

494971328_IDFA12.jpg.81bb5e51eb805f628edca80a1647f861.jpg

1477902848_IDFA7.jpg.d04052c7cdcf246915488f5954bc977b.jpg

2108603960_IDFA1.jpg.a9f656113b47ed6f8027fc4b8b27b720.jpg

Just competed in the IDFA BC Classic in Vancouver this weekend...3rd in Figure (3rd out of 3...yay) and 5th out of 7 in Fitness model...also not a terribly enthusiastic yay...but here's some pics from the hotel room.

Not bad scores at all!

You are in amazing shape. I wish I could be that athletic. You look much more muscular and svelte that your earlier pictures, something I didn't think was possible. Good Job! I look at your pictures and I can just imagine all of the work, discipline involved. I am impressed!

10% of the competitors in this show were vegan...although it was a small show...

That is amazing in itself. That many vegans in that kind of competition. That and your participation should help people who get doubts about whether or not they can be vegan and compete.

Again, great score, impressive work. You look great and thanks for taking the time to post. A very positive post.

Steve

I've seen a few women on this forum over the years start off eating a vegan diet, not make progress, get influenced by coaches, and then go back to eating animal products. My personal opinion is that they went too extreme with their diets, doing the raw food thing, the 80/10/10 thing, or some other thing where it became hard for them to thrive, or it didn't give them magical results.

Looking at your recent pictures, than your original pictures, you've done amazing job putting on more muscle and being lean after the process.

Would you mind posting a typical menu for yourself or otherwise give us some idea of what you eat, how you train, and the time it took to achieve your current goals?

It may inspire women who come to this forum in the feature to eat a more sensible vegan diet........and more importantly stay with it.

Again, great job.

I didn't diet hard for this show like I did for the others....and I only started preparing 5 weeks out. Although I was already at 13% bodyfat and within 3 pounds of competition weight which is how I maintain year round.

For this show....I didn't count calories but I tend to under eat and lose weight too fast so I made sure I was eating more than I wanted too.

My diet rules were:

Zero oiL.

Zero added sugar.

Low Sodium.

Whole foods only - with the exception of soy milk, tofu and vegan protien bars.

Fat around 50 grams a day.

I ate more fruits than veggies - although usually its the opposite way around.

I didn't go as high protein as usual...maybe 100 grams a day instead of 200.

Training: 7 days a week. Each muscle group twice lifting HEAVY, plyometric sprints twice a week, cardio 5 days a week - but no intervals this year. Total time about 3 hours a day in training. I only took one rest day in the 5 weeks. (I don't recommend that for other people tho. I was already in top shape before I started.)

I didn't suffer any low carb energy loss and I competed with 5 lbs more muscle than my last 2 shows.

• 1 month later...