Trainer says FAT grams are too high.

clank72

My tofu is too high in fat.

Beans give me terrible gas

Nuts are too high in fat.

Protein power shreds my stomach.

What to do?

Can anyone recommend a low fat Tofu?

Currently I am eating WILDWOOD Non-GMO Organic Tofu from Spouted Soy beans. But the fat is too high and it throws off my Macros.

Trainer says it's BAD for my heart to have fat that is 35% of diet.

i had the same problem with legumes especially beans and lentils. you eat the raw ones that you have to boil for hours? i discovered that leaving the raw legumes in cold water for 30 hours with lemon juice and then changing the water and boil them, the gas in the stomach gets lower.

plus is something we need to clarify, those who make bodybuilding and eat 6 times a day and drink protein shakes shit and fart more than normal people. that´s a proved fact

about the tofu i dont think is really high in fat i guess 150 gr have 12gr of fat.

and yeah nuts are really important not only for their source of helathy fat but a lot of properties, a few examples:

Brazil nuts

Brazil nuts are high in calories, and a good source of instant energy, and so are are especially good for athletes in training, or very active peoplechildren.

Theyre also a rich source of the anti-oxidant selenium that supports the immune system (helping ward off disease and protecting the heart and cardiovascular system) and plays a role in prostate health

Walnuts

Walnuts feed the brain because they are packed with omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids, particularly omega-3, which is vital for neuronal conduction (the firing of nerves in the brain).

Clinical trials show walnuts lower cholesterol. Thats because 75 per cent of their fat is the healthy mono-unsaturated type.

Almonds

The best source of protein of all the nuts, and high in calcium. They also contain copper, iron, zinc, niacin and vitamins B1, B2 and E, and an impressive 70 per cent of their fat content is the healthiest mono-unsaturated type.

Almonds contain a high degree of oleic acid, the ingredient in olive oil thought to protect against heart disease.

Cashews

Cashews contain calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, folic acid, vitamin E and omega-3 and 6 essential fats, making them an excellent source of minerals for bone health and a good skin-health food. The nutrients help with the formation of collagen in the skin.

Peanuts

The most commonly consumed nut in the country, the peanut is technically a legume rather than a nut, which puts it in the beans, peas and lentils category.

A rich source of protein, niacin and vitamins E, B1, B6, and they are also high in the minerals copper, zinc and iron

Macadamias

The most nutrient-rich nuts. They

contain omega-3, 6 and 9, providing a complex mix that helps to balance hormones, improve

nerve function, memory and concentration, and improve the texture of your skin.

Tofu isn't high fat.. At all

Nuts are but... You need to eat fat, it's good for you, what's the opposition to it?

Hi, where are you getting this information from? It's difficult to find Tofu under 7gms of Fat per serving.

Here's mine...

http://www.wildwoodfoods.com/products/meat-alternatives/tofu/vacuum-pack/sproutofu%C2%AE-high-protein-20oz-0

Fat from whole plant foods is NOT the same as fat from burnt meat and/or highly oxidized/processed oils. Watch out for poor quality oxidized walnuts that have been washed in a solution that oxidizes the fatty acids in the walnuts.

Omega 6 fatty acids from whole foods are superior than Omega 3 fatty acids. Don't listen to the hype. Look at what wild animals eat. Do squirrels worry about getting a perfect ratio of fatty acids?

Try sunflowers seeds without sulfites and tell the trainer that he isn't a biochemist, he needs to shut his mouth about subjects he has no clue about.

Fat from whole plant foods is NOT the same as fat from burnt meat and/or highly oxidized/processed oils. Watch out for poor quality oxidized walnuts that have been washed in a solution that oxidizes the fatty acids in the walnuts.

Omega 6 fatty acids from whole foods are superior than Omega 3 fatty acids. Don't listen to the hype. Look at what wild animals eat. Do squirrels worry about getting a perfect ratio of fatty acids?

Try sunflowers seeds without sulfites and tell the trainer that he isn't a biochemist, he needs to shut his mouth about subjects he has no clue about.

Thanks man.

Well he is a she, and she said any diet with more then 30% fat is bad for your heart according to the Heart Association. Ha! I'm not stating I believe this is true. Just seems a bit weird. Maybe they are talking about bacon and ham or something.

While we are on the subject, what type of macros are you guys doing on a Vegan diet while bulking and cutting?

If your joints feel ok, there's no need to change.

Personally I always consume half flax and half nuts ( in your case I would consume 50g flax 50g nuts).

If your joints hurt, you are consuming high amounts of lectins from seeds and/or grains. For example, I soak rice in water for 24 hours and rinse the dirty water out periodically to remove the lectins.

Omega 6 fatty acids are not inflammatory however their derivatives, prostaglandins series 2, do PROMOTE the initial inflammation caused by toxic substances... Air pollution, cigarette smoke, etc... Watch a youtube video on the "inflammatory response" and you will understand that what you keep regurgitating is pseudoscience that correlates with the consumption of seed oils.

Thanks man.

Well he is a she, and she said any diet with more then 30% fat is bad for your heart according to the Heart Association. Ha! I'm not stating I believe this is true. Just seems a bit weird. Maybe they are talking about bacon and ham or something.

While we are on the subject, what type of macros are you guys doing on a Vegan diet while bulking and cutting?