Reactions to Vega?

nik

I just started drinking Vega. It is ok except for the horrible Stevia taste. I hate Stevia! That's all I taste when I drink it. Like a weird artificial sweetner (diet coke) kind of flavor and aftertaste. But anyways, physically after I drink it I instantly feel really weird and have weird reactions. My heart starts racing really fast and I feel all sped up inside and start trembling like I'm all nervous or something. I'm wondering if this is normal when you first start taking it and what I could be reacting to? Reading the ingredients I don't understand what I could be reacting to in it. I already ate a lot of hemp and I'm fine with flax. I've also eaten Maca before and that did nothing to me like this. Could it be the Chlorella you think or the vitamin/minerals in it or the pro-biotics or something? I don't get it at all. It doesn't give me anymore energy. It just makes me shake and tremble and feel weird. It goes away eventually in like an hour or so but it's freaking me out. I need to know if it's a negative or positive. Thanks.

wow thats really odd never happened to me. could it be allergies to something in the ingredients???

also stevia you hate me??? i love the stuff i put it into about eveything i like having some water next to my bed but it tastes kinda boring and i dont wanna put anything with sugar so stevia is just perfect for sleep.... i still cant believe you hate it that much

Thanks Robert. It is strange. My husband doesn't notice anything from it, gives him no problems at all. And he also doesn't taste the odd aftertaste and stevia either. Funny cause he doesn't like the bars and I love the bars. I have no reactions to the bars, just the powder. It's more like the type of side effects you get from overdosing on coffee or being sensitive to coffee, that kind of jitteryness. My diet's really good though so I don't know.

As far as the stevia I have tried so far I don't like it. It just tastes like really weird chemical licorice or some thing. I bought some powder and put it in some tea and I couldn't even taste the flavor of the tea anymore. All I could taste was the flavor of the stevia. It is not sweet to me really, it's just a strong odd flavoring agent. Although I have heard that there are better stevia products out there and liquids that taste better, but I haven't tried them so I don't know. By itself it's not that bad, but it ruins the taste of anything it is added to because it overpowers it, to me anyways.

lol how much do you add??? look for "NOW" brand powder...its better then herbal select in the liquid it doesnt taste as strong.....it comes with a tiny spoon all you need is 1 or 2 spoonfulls into tea or water

That's not the brand I have. I bought Sweet Leaf brand Stevia Plus powder in the little packets. I used just one packet, so 1 gram of the powder. It is very strong though. I'll look for the Now brand, but I am skeptical. I just don't care for the licorice taste. It also leaves a lingering evaporating type of taste in the mouth that doesn't go away for a while. I like Agave. Only GI of 11.

I usually was trying the vega in the small snack size packets in some water, but then I tried making a smoothie with a whole serving size of it. With fruit juice, banana, frozen berries and frozen mangos. And at that serving level it was so thick and powdery all I could taste was the powder in the drink. I think it needs a lot of liquid for the full serving to dilute the powder and texture of it. Those who drink full servings of it, how much water do you use for it? It says just to use 1 1/2 cups but that seems like WAY too little water for that much powder to dilute the texture enough. Thanks.

I do like the bars. Some people say that all they taste is the hemp powder in the bars but I don't really notice that. Well at least with the berry. I don't really care for the chocolate or natural bars, but the berry one is great. A little dry, but all I taste is the sweet berry flavor. At least those are just sweetened with dates and agave. Normal, good tasting sweeteners. Too bad they are expensive though, $3 each.