Helen's Training Journal

Hi there,

I came to this site last year, with a very clear goal that then spectacularly fell flat on its face as life came and stepped in.

Anyways, I am back and raring to go and get the body of my life (at last).

So, I have a few specific limitations with lifting weights. I don't own any - specific enough eh!

We travel and so are very limited with what we can take with us - both weight and amount of stuff, so lugging weights (or any fitness equipment other than a skipping rope and my yoga mat) around is a definite no-no.

Therefore, all the exercises that I do are body weight exercise, which I know are not as good as lifting weights, but it is what it is and this is what I have to work with.

So, before I get started, if anyone has some good body weight exercises that they want to throw in the ring for me then please do, I would love to hear all your suggestions.

Many thanks and looking forward to getting on board here.

Helen

Day 1 of my new training plan and time for some hard truths…..

Weight – 134 lbs (9st 8lbs)

Body Fat Percentage – 27.59% (ouch!)

Phase 1 – 1 month

Goal – to lose body fat.

Training today

Upon waking – 30 minutes of yoga

Workout 1 – 1 hour

1 mile warm up jog – 11.39mins

Interval – 40 secs work/10 secs rest – x 3 sets

1. Squats

2. Side Taps

3. Squat Thrusts

Shoulder workout – 10 reps per exercise x 3 sets

1. Pushups

2. Dolphins (yoga exercise)

3. Shoulder Press – with 2kg hand weights *

4. Lateral raises – with 2 kg hand weights

Core workout – 10 reps per exercise x 3 sets

1. Competition sit up

2. Crunch

3. Pulses

4. Oblique crunch

Workout 2 – 12 mins

2 min warm up – set ups

10 mins – as many sets as possible – I did 10 sets

1. 30 skips

2. 10 plyometric jump ups – I used a low wall of about 1 ft in height

Workout 3 – 30 minutes

30 minutes of yoga – various asana

Food today

Upon waking – cup of hot water with lemon and 1tsp molasses

Post workout smoothie – 4 oranges, 1 pink grapefruit, 1 banana, 1 tbsp hemp powder and 1 tbsp bee pollen

Mid morning snack – 2 power/energy balls – made with almond meal, chia seeds, 1 banana, cacao powder, maca powder, honey and coconut.

Lunch – raw club sandwich – lettuce, cashew nut cheese, sliced tomatoes, shredded carrot and cucumber, sliced avocado and spring onion with a drizzle of extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil and himalayan rock salt.

Mid afternoon snack – 2 power/energy balls (as above).

Tea – 1 mango and 2 passion fruits

Evening snack – cup of hot cacao – made with fresh homemade almond milk, cacao and honey - delicious

Manatee - The energy balls are very simple, just whizz them all together in the food processor and then roll them into balls. I forgot to add that I put about 2 tbsp of coconut oil in them as well. They will last in the fridge for about a week - if I don't eat them all!

Mini Forklift - Ultrarunner eh! I am looking to do an ultra, have done some marathons in the past - last one was the Malaga marathon in December 13, but would love to up the distance. Will have to pick your brains over this one!

So, last week was a wash out.....too many work deadlines vied for my time and I'm sorry to say that it was my workouts that lost out. That can't happen again, so I have worked hard for the last few days to make sure I have some time every day to complete my workouts, without distractions. That's the trouble with being self-employed and working from home, there is always the tendency to take on too much and lose balance with your life!

Anyway, I started back with the training yesterday and today so all good.

1355866145_day2180314.thumb.jpg.34983eef4b51c6aa41886b1cd149dfba.jpg

1026759329_exercisebackdropintermediate.thumb.jpg.9d4e134e69cbad111620d68f23c3650e.jpg

Food was/will be the same for both days as I am on just liquids at the moment.

Breakfast smoothie - orange, red grapefruit, banana, hemp powder and bee pollen

Lunchtime juice - pineapple, lime, celery and parsley

Afternoon juice - apple, celery, cucumber, broccoli, lambs lettuce and lime

Evening smoothie - orange, mango, banana, raspberry and passion fruit with bee pollen

Evening drink - hot chocolate with almond milk, cacao powder, honey and maca powder

Other drinks - water both cold and hot

Training today - 20 minute yoga practice on waking

30 minute yoga practice this afternoon

Main workout below

1881888086_200314.thumb.jpg.1edd082ca7a6bdc15a84c803ac932379.jpg

Still juicing/smoothies today so nutrition looked like this:

Breakfast smoothie - orange, red grapefruit, banana, hemp powder, ashwagandha powder and bee pollen smoothie

Lunch juices - pineapple, celery, parsley and lime juice followed by apple, celery, cucumber, lambs lettuce, broccoli and lime juice

Dinner smoothie - oranges, mango, raspberry and banana

Evening drink - hot chocolate made with almond milk, cacao powder, honey and cinnamon

• 1 month later...