Muscle weight = arm size increase?

Need more info. What is your workout routine?

If you focus just on blasting out your arms when lifting and gain 5kgs, it should all show up in your arms, however, suggest using a tape and getting some measurements of your arms to judge 'size' changes. Not sure how noticeable 5kgs would be to your eye when looking in the mirror if distributed across your biceps, triceps, forearms, etc..

Good measurement template would be to google search for something like P90X measurement worksheet. Gives you measurement points across your body and then to recompare 90 days later.

thanks, I meant something else actually.

Let us say ive added 5 kg of muscle. Does this necessarily mean there will be an increase in size (of any body part)? Or will the body part remain the same size and simply weigh more?

I will give an example. Let's say your chest is 40 inch, arm 15 inch. You increase weight by 5 kg (through exercise/diet, so it is muscle) - will the chest/arm measure the same 40in/15in but weigh more (since it's now less flabby)?

interesting.

hmm..

no expert. But I 'think' that muscles would grow bigger as opposed to denser, so would expect to see increase in measurements. But then I confuse myself thinking about strength (being able to do more reps) vs overall size (being able to do 1-2 reps of max weight)...

stumped me....