Rossco's journal

So I was thinking of doing a deadlift session outside... And then this happened

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/england-braced-for-very-high-levels-of-air-pollution-this-week-9231449.html

People are being advised not to go outside and to avoid strenuous activity especially outside... I would say deadlifting was strenuous hahaha

So I'm gonna put together a chest, tri amd abs workout amd see what happens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha went for indoor exercise bud :P working tonight and have a meeting inside of a pub afterwards so it's not all bad baha!

Push workout!

I really don't feel as strong as I used to... And I consistently feel a bit sick after training.. It's starting to really bother me. Anyways

30 second rest between exercises

Cycle 1:

Wide grip push ups x 10 reps

Close grip push ups x 10 reps

Decline push ups x 8 reps

Pike push ups x 10 reps

Ab crunches x 25 reps

Dips x 8 reps

Cycle 2:

Pike push ups x 10 reps

Ab crunches x 25 reps

Dips x 8 reps

Cycle 3:

Pike push ups x 10 reps

Ab crunches x 25 reps

Dips x 8 reps

Failure cycle:

Dips to failure x 20 reps, chest was screaming after this haha

Tricep dips to failure x 25 reps

Incline doorway push ups x 15 reps

You may be wondering what the hell these are, and tbh I don't know the real name, it's just something I did in my hotel room on holiday whilst waiting to use the shower haha. Hard to explain. It I basically lean into the doorway with a hand on either side of the frame at an angle and push myself up, doing it basically standing is nice and easy and then you can put your feet further back to make it tougher, great tricep pump after a hard workout

Sick how? Dizzy? Nauseous? Are you still training on an empty stomach? I could never train that way, as I would always feel a bit queasy doing so. I also wonder whether you've actually lost strength, or your muscles just "forgot" how to train a little bit. Didn't you say you took some time off? Maybe you've got a bit of rust on the ol' pecs!! haha..

Could also be your breathing. Are you focusing on proper breathing? I tend to forget to breathe while doing those pike pushups, and I always feel like dogshit right after.

Those doorway pushups can be a good way to build up single arm pushup strength. The further your feet are away from the door, the closer you are to a one armed pushup, no? I bet you'll be back in top form soon enough mate.

Wish I had a meeting in the pub!!!

I'm not sure mate.. I ate before yesterday's workout but still felt sick :/

I'm always good with my breathing, taekwondo is heavily focused on bodyweight training and proper breathing so I've had plenty of training in that respect

Ahha yeah I did a few one armed, it's really handy because it's still tough but you have plenty of balance!

Got much on today bud?

Just work, and then resting up for the weekend. Ate the most ridiculously gigantic salad last night. I'm amazed I can get all that stuff down. Might break from the raw tomorrow night; some pints, and some fries. It's still pretty chilly here, so I'm craving hot food. What's your take on the weekend?

Saw your outdoor event post - which I think looks fun! Then again, I live in a concrete jungle, so I'm always down for some nature. I think I'll have some beers tonight as well - hey, you might already be well on your way. Have a good weekend buddy.

So before work on Saturday I was rushing around trying to get ready and found that I only really had 20 minutes or so to actually work out..

I decided to set a timer for 15 minutes and do as many, squats, pushups, aussie pull ups and calf raises as I could in this time.. It was soooo painful haha I completely lost count but each exercises must have gotten to 3 figures!

I trained properly yesterday, mostly a push workout with some aussies at the end because I love 'em!

Dips

X 15 reps

X 15 reps

X 12 reps

X 12 reps

Thinking I should get a belt to hang weights off of.

Push ups

X 15 reps

X 15 reps

Close grip

X 15 reps

X 15 reps

My triceps totally gave out at the end haha

Aussie pull ups

X 18 reps

X 18 reps

X 18 reps

X 19 reps (1 for luck) I was in agony through the last two sets!

My arms are still screaming today but I'm feeling like some garden deadlifts when I get home if the weather stays like it is.

I've loved this exclusive bodyweight training but now I think its time to add in some weights to the mix.

Will likely be;

Dips, push ups and bench press

Deadlift, overhead press, chin ups and aussie pull ups

Squats, calf raises and loads of different ab exercises

Wow, yesterday was incredible, such a hard days work on such a beautiful day. At work we had to make a new path again, which meant shovelling limestone into wheelbarrows and carting the wheelbarrows through a bloody forest haha, did this all morning which totally killed me.. But the weather was absolutely beautiful so after a hearty lunch and a long sit down when I got home I got my barbell out In the garden photo attached.

Deadlifts

60Kg x 10 reps

60Kg x 10 reps

90Kg x 10 reps

90Kg x 10 reps

I was thinking of 6-10 rep range, where it was so light I went with 10

Overhead press (barbell)

50Kg x 8 reps

50Kg x 8 reps

50Kg x 5 reps

A little disappointing, couldn't handle another set, I guess I haven't done them in so long so I have an excuse!

Finished up (because I was sore as hell) with barbell bicep curls to failure

20Kg x 15 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 8 reps

My back has super severe DOMS today baha

image.jpg.96407f64170bd17e3caa4a4f2a266c2f.jpg

Aw man, cold foods good too though... I suppose... :P

Had a killer session today! Although I'm not entirely impressed with the weight, it's been a while since I've done big multi joint weight exercises like these so it's okay ahha.

Squats! No belt

60Kg x 8 reps

60Kg x 8 reps

80Kg x 8 reps

80Kg x 6 reps, just about managed this!

50Kg x 12 reps... Paaaaaiiiin

Barbell bench press!

50Kg x 10 reps

50Kg x 10 reps

60Kg x 10 reps

60Kg x 10 reps just about

50Kg x 10 reps, I wanted to go to failure but without a spotter I convinced myself not to.

Then a bunch of different exercises to failure

Calf raises- 50Kg x 25 reps

Ab crunches with 10Kg plate x 30 reps

Hanging leg raises x 15 reps

Dips x 20 reps

Skull crushers- 20Kg x 15 reps

Tricep kickbacks- 10Kg x 15 reps each arm

I'll likely make my workouts like this from now on, really enjoyed it

What happened mate? Get up too high and freak a bit? Heights never were my thing. Do some deadlifts, and you'll feel better haha!

Yeah sort of :/ this oak tree was at least 80 foot tall, but it was the whole atmosphere of the place I just didn't feel comfortable it was a hell of a lot of knots tying which I just couldn't figure out urgh.. I just broke down a bit... Spoke to the guy that ran it and told him it just wasn't for me and that I was sorry for wasting his time :/ wandered off down the beach for a half hour to try and clear my head and waiting for the other half to pick me up.

Trained when I got home and it went average ahha, I'm finding myself to get out of breath real quick, especially on the big exercises, but anyways this is what I did

Deadlifts

60Kg x 10 reps

60Kg x 10 reps was like deadlifting a feather

95Kg x 10 reps

95Kg x 10 reps. Super easy still! Although I'm thinking of lowering the reps to 4-6 and upping the weight a fair bit

Dumbbell rows

25Kg x 10 reps each arm

25Kg x 10 reps each arm

One set of chin ups to failure x 8 reps! Not bad!...

Aussies to failure x 21 reps!

Barbell bicep curls 20Kg

x 12 reps

X 12 reps

X 12 reps

Weight plate shrugs, 20 kg each arm,

To failure

X 25 reps

X 24 reps

X 20 reps

It doesn't seem like much now I've written it down.. Haha