a new start

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

184.3 at 22 weeks. Feeling good. Not eating after dinner and portion control are still strong, the new normal. In less than 6 months, I've added years to my life and don't remember when I last fealt so solid, decades ago. (chest thump)

Hi John, just wanted to say that I noticed youve been active on the site and really helpful responding to people's questions and I that is really appreciated around here.

Thanks,

-Dylan

Thanks Dylan. When I was more active here years back I made several friends I'm still somewhat in touch with. This time I've mostly just posted as a commitment to my self, regardless if anyone reads my posts, and haven't commented as much regarding other folks.

Thanks for your service to the community.

26 weeks 186.3.

That's it. I can't just lose any more weight through calorie control. I've been on a loss plateau for a month anyway. I'm around my average weight from when I was in my 20-30s, two and three decades ago. My goal was to lose almost another 10 lbs before this next phase, but that ain't happening. I trust that I will be able to maintain my eating discipline while I build some muscle. I've lost as much muscle as I'm willing to sacrifice. I feel weak. I think and feel that I needed to get to this point. For years previously I tried to build muscle beginning with fat over 30%, I got stronger, but couldn't get under 25%, where I am now. Yes, I've turned "skinny-fat" for the moment. My permanent goal is still 165#@10%bf. I didn't have the psychic will or vision I have now until now and didn't make time for lifting, running or yoga. That's over.

Goddess Radha thank you, the last 10 of the 50 I offered You will come with the help of Ishtadeviji Bajarangbali. Baba Hanuman, let's go, we've got a war to fight!

Watch what happens now.

185.5 27 weeks

It's amazing how different my life is since losing weight. I bought 36" waist pants for summer, down from the 40" ones I'd been wearing, where my gut hung over the waist band. Back when I was 255#, ten years ago, I wore 46" pants.

184 @ 29 weeks

My gut isn't as happy since I started to eat somewhat regularly at night, again"justifying" it by claiming too low an intake of calories or protein earlier. Last night I fried about 3/4 lbs of peanuts in too much oil, ate half than finished them later. That is not a restful load for my GI when I'm horizontal and sleeping! Today's another day.

Good luck with your goals!

• 2 months later...

My weight set at 185ish with only work related, sporadic exercise, so I got 90% of my 50 lbs loss goal. Unfortunately I think 10 of the 45 lbs lost were muscle. I need to gain back the 10 lbs of muscle first of all. I did a couple of sun salutations this morning.

I joined Fitworks this evening and screwed around with a life cycle bike for a few minutes, then tried to take a 5 minute fitness test on a stepper, but couldn't read heart rate. Then I rocked the cybex climber for a half an hour with low (1,2,3) resistances enjoying the 135-155 BPM zone, going from step climbing to jogging strides and back. Fun. Feeling great.

43" chest, 41" around the distended belly, 41" around at butt level, 13.5" biceps, 15.5" calves, 21" thighs.

Day two on the Precor machine, resistance 3 for 40 minutes, stepping and jogging, after 10 minutes, I kept my heart above 140 BPM, until stepping down to 130s for the last 5 minutes. I feel a nice glow now, definitely more of a challenge then yesterday. I ate great today. Feeling good.

Thursday I stepped and strode the Precor hybrid machine for half an hour at level 4, mostly keeping my heart over 140 BPM.

Friday I went in for my first free personal training from Fitworks. He had me warm up on the Precor hybrid ten minutes, then took me through a couple sets of a few cable exercises, a few ab excercises and some bench presses on a machine. Of course his goal was to sell me on personal training services, which I can't afford. I enjoyed the very light start to working out.

My goal was to go to the gym mon-fri, but after skipping yesterday, I doubt I can stay away today.

My eating habits have slid back into more nocturnal grazing in front of the idiot box, which I must check. I'm still a few pounds under 190. I'm confident I'll build some muscle mass, then continue dropping weight, passing my goal of 50 off, then get down to my life goal of a strong 165.

Precor stepping resistance 6, 10 mins before workout, 20 mins after. Finding my levels on the workout with 3 ab exercises, 3 pulley exercises, incline bench machine presses. 2 sets each. Feeling totally committed and confident of success.

Yesterday I hit the workout hard, stepping at level 7 10 mins before and after.

Today I stepped at level 8 for 10 minutes, then lengthened the strides for 15 mins, finishing with 5 mins stepping. My heart rate was lower, in the 140s, but I sweat a lot more.

10 minutes trying out a rower today was a hell of a warm up. Then I hit my workout routine hard, switching up the sequence some. I "rest" between my 5 upper body excercises with 3 kinds of ab excercises. (2 sets of each excercise) Before, fat me would sit around between sets yawn and cool down, lift to failure every time. Now I try to get 12 reps on the upper body then quick hit the abs. 10 mins rowing after was much harder, going 1722 "meters" rather than the previous 1888. I sweat my ass off and am whipped afterward.

Good to see all your progress man. Was this a wind rower, or water rower? I really want to get one of those for the house, but they can get really pricey! Keep up the good work!

Thanks. The rower blows air. So I presume that's an air rower.