Rossco's journal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha those kiwis!

Training was great this morning! I feel really energised today too and have had a couple of great nights sleep!

I'm a little bit disappointed in my overhead strength but I'm gonna blame that on fatigued triceps

Barbell bench press

50Kgx 10 reps

50Kg x 10 reps

65Kg x 9 reps wanted 10..

65Kg x 9 reps

50Kg x 10 reps

Barbell overhead press

35Kg x 10 reps

35Kg x 8 reps

Upright rows, (I think that's what they're called, the shoulder exercise...)

30Kg x 12 reps

30Kg x 12 reps

Dips

X 15 reps

X 15 reps

Skull crushers

22.5Kg x 20 reps

Tricep kickbacks

12.5Kg x 15 reps

12.5Kg x 15 reps

Had a great post workout meal, now off to work!

Short and sweet workout today as I have major plans!

Squats

20Kg just to limber up x 12 reps

60Kg x 6 reps

60Kg x 6 reps

60Kg x 6 reps

60Kg x 6 reps

Calf raises

60Kg x 25 reps

60Kg x 25 reps

60Kg x 25 reps

Then some ab crunches and leg raises to failure, didn't count reps ahha

I like my squats set out this way, it will allow me to progress slowly without stooling all the time!

Oh and unrelated to training.. I have a job interview on Monday for the butterfly keeper job!

Today was great! Job interview for the butterfly job went well.. I should know soon if I'm officially an entomologist

Deadlifts

60Kg x 8 reps

110Kg x 5 reps

110Kg x 5 reps

110Kg x 5 reps

Felt great, I filmed myself and was pretty disappointed with my form. Something to work on.

Chin ups

X 5 reps

X 5 reps

X 5 reps

Dumbbell rows

25Kg x 10 reps

25Kg x 10 reps

Aussie pull ups to failure

X 21 reps

X 20 reps

Barbell bicep curls

20Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

Shrugs

40Kg x 30 reps

40Kg x 25 reps

Packing everything away felt like another workout... Big physical day at work tomorrow... Gonna suck ahha

Ahha yeah they were awesome! Got shit loads of dairy free chocolate bunnys and truffle thingy stop!

LOL Jim!!!

Still haven't heard about the job but I'm hopeful!

I was sooooo shattered this morning, I really didn't sleep very well and I'm feeling a little worse atm..

Managed to train despite this but it was nothing special.

Dumbbell bench press, weight is per dumbbell

25Kg x 10 reps

25Kg x 10 reps

30Kg x 10 reps

32.5Kg x 7 reps, :/

Barbell upright row (for shoulders)

35Kg x 12 reps

35Kg x 12 reps

35Kg x 12 reps

Dips

Dumbbell flys

15Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

Incline dumbbell flys

15Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

Incline dumbbell bench press

15Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

Genuinely never used the incline on my bench before so this was weird haha

Tricep kickbacks

12.5Kg x 12 reps

12.5Kg x 12 reps

Oh yeah! Mike! I've been blending my weetabix recently in my smoothies! Bloody great idea man haha

I was going to train legs and core this morning but for some reason my upper body is super sore and I'm aching a fair bit all over... Taking that as a sign I need an extra rest day.

Plus I'm getting the ferry over to the city today to see a band in Southampton so I don't want to be too exhausted for that baha

Have fun mate, I used to be based in Southampton when I worked onboard QE2. Really like that place, cool town.

Is that big Aussie bar still there ~ think it was called Walkabout or something like that? I have drank a few Crown beers in there in my time lol. Enjoy the rest day and I hope the gig's a good one!

Have fun mate, I used to be based in Southampton when I worked onboard QE2. Really like that place, cool town.

Is that big Aussie bar still there ~ think it was called Walkabout or something like that? I have drank a few Crown beers in there in my time lol. Enjoy the rest day and I hope the gig's a good one!

Yeah man it's still there haven't been in there though lovely city, had a bloody good time, am pretty drunk right now but had to get the last ferry home so wasn't a late one!

Have stuff on tomorrow but providing I feel able I'm gonna train legs

Still off of the training for another day or so. I seem to really respond well to more rest, I can't help noticing that my biggest size gains have been when I've taken a week or so off... Very odd. Anywho il likely train tomorrow or Wednesday but failing that it'll be Thursday lol!

I'm leading a nature walk for young people for the Isle of Wight walking festival in a few weeks time! I got all this cool stuff through from them, cliff bars!!!! I've never had one! They don't sell them many places in the uk, I had no idea they were totally vegan! Woohoo!

Also, I'm not a fan of the colour of the walk leader jackets....

image.thumb.jpg.ebcc17be16916e5df9c1a3fa9866f758.jpg

Hey Ross,

Makes perfect sense, when you've been "over reaching" for a period of time, then take an extended rest period/layoff, its here you actualize your gains. I make a habit of taking several one-two week layoffs per year. Moreover, on my return to training my performance is better. Good Stuff.

Btw, sexy jacket:))