New Member Introduction

veganbeau

Hello everyone,

My name is Beau, i've been on this site a lot over the past month or two and decided to make an account. I've been vegan for a couple months. I found the switch really easy as I cook a lot and was basically a vegan before.

I've been a pretty skinny guy my whole life. Over the past few years I put some weight on with some lifting and eating more. I'm still not a big guy about 150lbs 5'10. I'm not 100% sure what my body fat percentage is but based on photo comparisons looks like 15+% I'm looking forward to putting some muscle on in the next few years and getting that shredded look. Around 10% bf is a goal.

I'm also coming off of a pretty bad health crisis in Late September/October that had me bedridden for 2 months. Since then my cardiovascular system has been quite weak. Right now I'm going to the gym 2-3x a week and doing a little bit of cardio. I'm not in a huge rush I just want to pace myself and build up endurance and strength over time.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blurb, I look forward to being part of the community, lots of good stuff going on here.

Glad you're on the mend!

While 150 at 5'10 might not be comparable to others at same height but in the 180-200+lbs range, there are some VERY fit MMA guys that fight in your weight class with similar weight, so I'd focus not so much on the # but on how you look and measure up in the mirror. Recovering from what ever it was that knocked you down for a bit will be interesting. (though just read article about some guy - forget his name, that was in bad car accident, broke both legs, arms, was a bodybuilder/model.....(bugger...let me go look him up again.....lol!)...James Grage! But with perseverance he fought his way back....Men's Health mag I think.

Anyway....welcome to the party!!