Female post workout nutrition - vegan transition

Hi,

I'm making the transition to a plant based diet (for health related reasons) and am having trouble finding information on post workout meals to fit my nutritional and physical goals (I am currently cutting some body fat).

Though fruit is a large part of my diet, I am not the type of person who can consume unlimited amounts without gaining weight (I have to keep an eye on my sugar intake) So eating a banana/peanut butter smoothie post workout isn't ideal for me.

I used to eat a lot of tofu, but experienced hormonal imbalances. I'm also not a huge fan of all the additives in the pre-packaged tofu burgers/'meats'/etc.

I have been advised to eat legumes such as lentils, chick peas, and beans, but I've always been under the impression that high carb meals post workout are great for adding mass, but not so good for dropping weight.

Trying to research this online is only confusing me more, as I am getting so much conflicting information (eat unlimited fruit, don't eat tofu, vegetables will provide all your aminos) I would really appreciate some advice from real people.

Thanks for your help!

What about a shake with pea or rice, soy, hemp protein, with some milk (rice, soy, oats, almonds, hazelnuts)?

You're spoiled for choice

So for instance mine is : 250 ml soy milk + a scoop of pea protein.

I add casted sugar and oats or use chocolate milk for extra carbs as I'm trying to gain weight, but for your goals, just the milk and the protein should do the trick

Depends a bit upon your diet structure. But I generally go with brown rice, veggies & tofu. (or a protein shake low carb in place of tofu) Mung beans & veggies are another favorite of mine. I also love chick peas & broccoli pot workout.

Carbs are fine post workout, even good for your recovery. Weight loss primarily comes down to calorie intake and energy expenditure. You eat less calories then you burn you lose weight. Which is why you can't eat unlimited anything. Because if you eat more calories then you burn regardless of where they come from you will gain weight.