BoxingDonkey's Journal

Today was a good training session. Had to be quick though because I had a million errands to run, cat to the vet, groceries, GNC.. all that.

HIIT

30 seconds work, 10 seconds rest

Sumo Squats with Kettlebells (I used two 35 pound KB’s)

Jump Squats

Dead Lifts (I used two 35 pound KB’s)

Half Burpee with Dead Lift (I used a 25 pound KB)

Ball Hamstring Curl

Break Dancer Planks

Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing (I used a 53 pound KB)

Star Jumps

Jump Rope (High Step)

X-Foot Cross Jumping Jacks (I used 5 pound dumbbells)

3x

It was pretty horrible by the end, star jumps are killer.

Next I had 4 rounds shadow boxing and 4 on the heavy bag.

I am super sore, my kids "lost" my foam roller and I have turned the house inside out looking for it.

Hey, nice work. Star Jumps are absolutely killer! Never heard of break dancer planks, I'll have to look them up and toss them in the mix. Pretty specific training here - that's cool. Good to see some motivation on this page (not that it's lacking elsewhere)!

Hey, nice work. Star Jumps are absolutely killer! Never heard of break dancer planks, I'll have to look them up and toss them in the mix. Pretty specific training here - that's cool. Good to see some motivation on this page (not that it's lacking elsewhere)!

Thanks!

Break dancer planks are planks with a twist and a toe tap on the opposite side. Its all fun until I want to throw up in the end LOL

Thanks!

Break dancer planks are planks with a twist and a toe tap on the opposite side. Its all fun until I want to throw up in the end LOL

Sweet. I checked out a video on youtube, but then got distracted by a video of a blob fish. a/k/a me before veganism.

HIIT first today

40 seconds WORK, 10 seconds REST. 4 times for a total of 24 minutes.

Jump Rope (High Step)

Triceps Dips (off edge of chair or stool)

Alternating Jumping Jack Planks (5 reps) with Mountain Climbers (5 reps)

Chair “Walk-Over” Push-ups (side to side)

Squat Jumps

Alternating 2 Knee Hug Crunches with 2 Bicycle Crunches

Burpees with Push-Up

Then boxing which consisted of 4 rounds with 3lb hand weights, 4 rounds on the bag and 6 rounds of focus mitts. Lots of foam rolling today.

smileboxing.jpg.517e35b89684a9825e004663e294436c.jpg

Boxing is a killer workout for the shoulders. I wish I had a heavybag, though I do have one with a water basin base.

What's your diet like? I've been on 80/10/10 for the past month, which is working well, but I have to eat a TON! haha

Today's workout was killer.

I used a standard 12 rounds of boxing but for the 1 minute rest in between rounds I did a different exercise. For the first 5 rounds of shadow boxing I used 3lb hand weights, 6 with 1.5lb weighted gloves and then the last round with the 3lb hand weights again.

In between I did the exercises as follows for one minute-

Kettlebell Front Squat 12kg KB 21 reps

KB swings 24kg (That always blows my mind because it's half my BW) 22 swings

Romanian dead lift 65lbs 25 reps

Pistol squats left & Right 10kg kb 24 reps, 12 each leg (30 seconds ea side)

BW squat 28 reps

suitcase dead lift left & right sides 16kg KB 22 reps, 11 ea side (30 seconds ea side)

Barbell glute bridge 65lbs 32 reps

Lunges with a twist 10kg KB 22 reps

Kettlebell Halo 20 each direction 10kg KB

Seesaw press 10kg KB 25 reps

Kettlebell Curls 10kg (these are soooo heavy for me!) 26 reps (30 seconds ea arm)

bent over KB rows 10kg 17 rep ea side

KB Snatch 36 reps 1 min per side

Also I counted my punches today 3,480

I set up everything I needed around my home gym (I am insanely lucky) before I started so I could just flow through it. It was very hard with no rest, as soon as the timer sounds you start boxing again. I am very very sore tonight but tomorrow is an active rest day (yoga) so I am looking forward to it.

I took some ab pics today. The thing for me is that I never had abs. I was overweight until college and then ended up with anorexia in the hospital fighting to get better. In early recovery I had my first kid and then two more! My body never got a break and I lost a massive amount of weight after pregnancy, I have so much loose skin and stretch marks that I TRY to embrace but its hard. A year ago I was fit and happy but I never would have shown my abs. Its a HUGE deal for me to be comfortable like this!!

Pic one is from today and then the second pic is a comparison for Feb to now. Honestly I cant believe I am comparing "after" pics. I never thought Id come so far.

025.thumb.JPG.db74e6648c3c9f8312f4337ca3c04d33.JPG

029.thumb.JPG.b104b9b6988c06e1c2bfb4260dc52f6f.JPG

Boxing is a killer workout for the shoulders. I wish I had a heavybag, though I do have one with a water basin base.

What's your diet like? I've been on 80/10/10 for the past month, which is working well, but I have to eat a TON! haha

I got both of my bags on craigslist, haha and both came with gloves!! I love shadow boxing. I hung a mirror in my gym (aka downstairs) and i always make sure to get in a few round there too.

655.JPG.2c46ab0bd493fc018181701c14738351.JPG

056.PNG.a19c245aac3b99e81214f7efff6ea572.PNG

My diet is basically clean, I pretend I follow IIFYM but I rarely want junk (but then when I want it I can have it!) I keep my calories just around maintenance.

30% protein 40% fat 30% carbs (sorry, how would I write that?) I eat tons of lentils, chickpeas and green veggies, I always have apples, bananas, mango and frozen berries of all kinds in the house, my fats are usually nuts, nut butters, avocado, chia, coconut. I like vega sport protein.

I have a big garden so if it ever becomes spring here I will have tons of veggies. My weaknesses are popcorn, coconut milk ice cream and tortilla chips.

OMG tortilla chips... my biggest weakness. Give chips salsa and beer and I'll likely end up in Mexico doing tequila shots off hot Spanish girls and wake Monday trying to remember were the wedding ring came from and how best to sneak back across the border.. minus the wedding ring. LOl, I have a strong love of chips and salsa.

Nice journal.

:partyman: OMG tortilla chips... my biggest weakness. Give chips salsa and beer and I'll likely end up in Mexico doing tequila shots off hot Spanish girls and wake Monday trying to remember were the wedding ring came from and how best to sneak back across the border.. minus the wedding ring. LOl, I have a strong love of chips and salsa.

Nice journal.

Haha we are naughtiness twins in that case because that sounds EXACTLY like what would happen to me, just replace the ladies with gentlemen.

30 seconds WORK, 10 seconds REST

do it 4 times for a total of 22 minutes.

Medicine Ball Burpees with Push Up and Squat Front Punch Out

Alternating Toe Taps on Medicine Ball with Biceps Curls

Medicine Ball Rolling Push Ups

Boats with a Medicine Ball Twist

Medicine Ball Side Lunges with Overhead Press

After that 8 rounds of boxing, 3 on the bag and 5 with the focus mitts.

The toe taps on the ball are brutal. I wanted to puke.

Today was rough. I had jump rope HIIT which I love but misread and did it twice through instead of once. My calves want to murder me. Did a 20 min full body circuit (omg more jump rope) and then 6 round of sparring. I feel like I got hit by a car.

Jump rope HIIT

40 seconds WORK, 10 seconds REST. .

Basic Bounce

Alternate-Foot Step

Side Straddle

X-Foot Cross

Forward Straddle

Full Twister

Bell Jump

Skier’s Jump

Forward Shuffle

Backward Shuffle