STUPID COMMERCIALS THAT PISS US OFF

Just when I thought I had seen it all, I saw another stupid as commercial last night that really PISSES me off. Not only is it not enough for the dairy industry to rip calves away from their mothers teets after hours of being born so we humans can drink the milk that the calves long for, etc. etc,. the dairy industry has the NERVE to make a commercial in which a whole bunch of cows are "protesting" for their "rights". Yup, you read that corrrectly. The preposterous and appalling and utterly unethical commercial shows a bunch of brown cows with people, all protesting the "rights of brown" cows. The commercial is for a cholcoate milk commercial and the "rights" that these cows and people are demonstrating for is the right for "cholcoate milk" to be recognized as "nutritious" as white milk. And, as if that whole ridiculous and enraging scenario was not bad enough, the commercial ends with a real cow, who mouth is digitally manipulated so that it looks like the cow is speaking, and the cow says: "I am a brown cow and I APPROVE this message."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you beleive that? How could people not see the utter unethicalness of an industry who uses the animal itself to sell a message of torture and and abuse. AS if the dairy cows would ever "approve" of having countless babies only to be separated them so people can enjoy chocolate milk. AS if they would ever be approved as being treated as nothing more than a milk machine, pumping out milk for all their miserable and sad and lonely lives, until they cannot produce milk anymore so they get dragged to slaughter to end up in a McDonalds cheeseburger. Dairy cows are often so exhausted at the end of their milk providing existences that they literally have to be dragged in chains to the slaughterhouse, and "downers" - the weakest of them all who literally no longer have the energy to even stand up after years of having so many babies just to be pumped and pumped for milk - are often just left to die a slow and miserable death.

Commercials that actually use food animals to sell their own death and suffering are ing and REALLY bring home how unethical these industries are. They are insulting to televsion viewers too - how stupid do they think we are that we would actually believe that a dairy cow WANTS people to drink milk so she can be condemned to a miserable and exploitative existence?

Give me a freakin break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

editted to add: and using these animals in these commercials this way further brainwashes children into thinking animals are perfectly happy with the way society treats them, since they, unlike adults with half a brain, cannot be critical observers of what they see and filter propoganda from truth.

Edited by compassionategirl

Thats freaking sick! Its like making a commercial mocking the blacks and the civil rights movement, but 10 steps higher! It is sick that these animals go through so much torture, and to top it off they end up mocking it? Grr, as if I couldnt hate humans any more...

Actually koll, you know what? Your right about that - i never even thought about it like that but that is EXACTLY what the commercial is doing, and prolly on purpose too - it is mocking animal rights, because like I said, it shows a whole bunch of real cows and people "protesting" for the "rights of brown cows".

The dairy industry is truly pathetic, and is getting increasingly desperate as more consumers start to realize the crap that society has been telling them for years - that milk is GOOD for you. Nothing can be further from the truth.

has anybody else seen this commercial? Does anybody know which one I am talking about?

Actually koll, you know what? Your right about that - i never even thought about it like that but that is EXACTLY what the commercial is doing, and prolly on purpose too - it is mocking animal rights, because like I said, it shows a whole bunch of real cows and people "protesting" for the "rights of brown cows".

The dairy industry is truly pathetic, and is getting increasingly desperate as more consumers start to realize the crap that society has been telling them for years - that milk is GOOD for you. Nothing can be further from the truth.

has anybody else seen this commercial? Does anybody know which one I am talking about?

I havent seen it and I am glad that I havent. It would probably infuriate me even more. I just hope that society goes against this commercial and actually starts to realise all this fascade.

The Dairy Council's 3-A-Day ad is pretty annoying, citing 50 studies to show that people can lose weight by incorporating more dairy into their diet. What isn't immediately clear is that it's actually the calcium in the dairy (which, isn't that fortified anyway?) that helps regulate body fat and weight.

This seems to be having some effect, too, because I've heard a lot of people talking about how they shouldn't be indulging in ice cream ... and then someone else will say, "Actually, they say you can lose weight by eating more dairy." Oy.

http://www.3aday.org/

Good point Brendan.

Diets that promote dairy eating argue as follows: "Consuming dairy is a good way to boost fat-loss. The scientifice evidence now proves that people who enjoy lower body fat percentages than those who avoid dairy. Only recently have we began to understand why this is so. Put simpply, a little-known hormone called calcitriol is responsible. Calcitriol is produced by the body when calcium levels are low. Its job is to preserve calcium while stimulating the production and storage of fat. Bottom line: low levels of dairy and calcium cause fat cells to grow; higher levels of dairy and calcium help fat cells to shrink."

One need not be a vegan to notice the faulty logic contained in this argument. The argument assumes that DAIRY is the only way that one can get calcium into the body. SO even if it is true that calcium intake is essential for fat loss, from that it doesnt follow that dairy is thus essential. Dairy is not the only food source for calcium.

There are tons of fortified fruit juices, non-dairy "milks", and vegetables that contain calcium, MINUS all the hormones, steriods, antibiotics and puss that is found in dairy.

So once again, we see the dairy and dairy friendly industries misleading and trying to confuse people (just like the stupid commercial above) AND insulting the public by treating them as stupid. YOu dont need a degree or to be vegan to pick up on the faulty logic of the argument I quoted above!!!!

Anyway, what are some commecials that piss you guys off? I guess pretty much any commercial that uses animals, but the ones that use animals to sell death and suffeirng of the same animals used in the commercial really piss me off even more! IT is just EXTRA unethical if you know what i mean.

I guess pretty much any commercial that uses animals, but the ones that use animals to sell death and suffeirng of the same animals used in the commercial really piss me off even more! IT is just EXTRA unethical if you know what i mean.

Agreed. This reminded me of a Web site I stumbled across a few years ago called Pork4Kids. If anyone ever accuses vegetarians of spreading propaganda, they should see what the National Pork Board is doing. I guess that little pig cartoon is smiling cause he can't wait to be turned into a hot dog? Be sure to check out "All About Pigs" to "Visit the Farm." The leap at the end of the hog farm story is so pathetic, it's almost comical.

http://www.pork4kids.com/

I guess pretty much any commercial that uses animals, but the ones that use animals to sell death and suffeirng of the same animals used in the commercial really piss me off even more! IT is just EXTRA unethical if you know what i mean.

Agreed. This reminded me of a Web site I stumbled across a few years ago called Pork4Kids. If anyone ever accuses vegetarians of spreading propaganda, they should see what the National Pork Board is doing. I guess that little pig cartoon is smiling cause he can't wait to be turned into a hot dog? Be sure to check out "All About Pigs" to "Visit the Farm." The leap at the end of the hog farm story is so pathetic, it's almost comical.

http://www.pork4kids.com/

There is actually a National Pork Board?

I find it sick with all these food companies that have a smiling pig or cow on there. Its so far from the truth. However I guess that if they do it that way, a lot of people will not ponder or realize what actually goes on in there.

Actually those cartoons I see are one of the reasons I turned Vegan now that you bring it up.

I've always been annoyed at the commercials for products that are purely plant-based (Planter's Nuts for one) that say "And NO cholesterol!"

I think "No kidding, stupid." Or something like that.

Why the heck doesn't anyone just say that cholesterol is ONLY found in animal products?

I've always been annoyed at the commercials for products that are purely plant-based (Planter's Nuts for one) that say "And NO cholesterol!"

I think "No kidding, stupid." Or something like that.

Why the heck doesn't anyone just say that cholesterol is ONLY found in animal products?

People in general don't know much about nutrition. And to say Cholesterol only comes from animals wouldnt actually fit on their product or anything.

By saying "NO CHOLESTEROL" it gets teh buyer to say, "O this is healthy, Ill get this". It works for them better this way, so that they can add it on their label. Whats obvious to us, isnt obvious to others. Reasons we know this is because we had to research it ourselves and had a reasoning behind it. Meat eaters dont really care about those things as much as we do.

There is actually a National Pork Board?

I find it sick with all these food companies that have a smiling pig or cow on there. Its so far from the truth. However I guess that if they do it that way, a lot of people will not ponder or realize what actually goes on in there.

Actually those cartoons I see are one of the reasons I turned Vegan now that you bring it up.

I know, Koll, I cannot believe that there is a National Pork Board either!!!! That is freakin just too much, man. I couldnt go and look at the link Brendan provided because i get REALY upset when I see this crap and i cannot handle it anymore - i feel like I need to punch a wall or something.

ANd I totally agree with you on the stupid cartonns or pictures that meat companies have uisng a smiling cow or a pig !!! As if, like you guys all pointed out, the cow or the pig is thrilled about being scalded alive or delimbed while fully conscious and hung upside down while fully conscious to be bled to death, one slow, painful, long miserable drop at a time!!!! And this in turn further somehow makes it okay in peoples minds to eat meat!!! Dont people have common sense anymore - cant they realize that those pictures and images of HAPPY animals are LIGHT YEARS away from the truth??

NOw that I think about it, it is the same with the whole "I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner" slogan/song that the company gets kids to sing!! As if anybody would wish to be a raped, tortured and murdered animal!!! Kids dont know that they are being lied to by the Oscar Meyer Weiner company but what PISSES me off is when the parents allow this crap. They allow their kids to grow up with misinformation about the meat and dairy industries and it is sick. I TOTALLY disapprove of lying to your children about ethical and important social justice issues. Even if as a meat eating parent you dont mind the abuse of animals, give your kids the correct information - in an age appropriate way of course - and let them decide if they want to be a selfish unethical meat eater like you!!! Hopefully, they will have more morals than the parents!!!

I hate the Happy Cheese comes from Happy Cows and happy cows come from california comercials. They always show cows having a good time, flirting with eachother, or another one wehre these two cows keep ringing the farmers doorbell and every time he comes to the door all he sees is these two cows grazing. While the concepts can be funny, the message is fucked up. Because cheese does not come from happy cows.

AND Mike hard lemonade has a new comm that really pissed me off, i was shocked when i first saw it. the first line if this commercial is "I'm here for the vegan convention" So of course i turned to look, and its that stupid little bottle hovering over a grill full of meat. The whole commercial, for an alcoholic beverage is all about meat, some barbeque convention, and at the end the little bottle is talking to a steer and says "Your wife was delicious." It so fucked up. Never drinking mikes hard lemonade again. It's not that great anyways.

How about "Low Carb Beef"?

Most advertisers will say anything as long as they think it'll sell. They have no morals... It really is pathetic. That is the reason I sold my TV 20 years ago; I couldn't stand to watch the commercials. My computer has a DVD player... who needs a TV? But I tell ya, the one that first got me going was that old Keebler Cookie commercial. It went on and on about how Keebler Cookies were not made in stinky, smelly, factories that polluted the Earth... they were made by elves! That was news to me.

While we're on the subject of corporate accountability, can I move off subject? In the 1930s my grandfather worked as a pathologist in New England. He was asked to do an autopsy of a boy who had died during surgery. When the autopsy was completed, he took the surgeon aside and asked him, "Did you even look at the X-rays?" The surgeon said, "No, I didn't have time. We had to remove that boy's kidney. Why?" My grandfather replied, "Because that boy only had one kidney." My grandfather was fired for bringing to the attention of the chief of staff. My grandfather then went to the boy's father... a man named Firestone (Mr "Tire" himself). Firestone refused to stand by my grandad. Nobody in our family has bought any Firestone product for over 75 years.

End of Rant.

Oh my gosh i cannot believe what you described its shocking

I am not sure i understand. Why didnt the kid's own father want to seek justice for his son and expose the negligence of the surgeons who removed the only KIDNEY THAT THE BOY HAD? i why wouldnt he side with your gramps? it is thanks to your grandpa that they knew why their sone died. DONT GET IT. i am ed. That poor little boy's wrongful death was never "avenged" so to speak.

SEE HOW FUCKED UP SOCIETY IS - you take the side of justice, of goodness, of the weak and the voiceless, and its like the world wants to quash and silence you!!!

Evil and immorality continue to run rampant in socirty.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard the Carl's Jr. radio commercial about chicken?

So there is someone who got a chicken and he's trying to make it fetch like a job. And a second person says, "chickens are only good for one thing....EATING!" The commercial pisses me off. It's long too, maybe a full minute of how the chicken won't go chase after the stick...therefore, it is only to be eaten and it will taste really good.

Carls Jr. has some really strange commercials. Anyone heard this one or one like it?

-Robert

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw another one. Commercial for HP Sauce, with the slogan being "It makes your beef sing" and showing an image of a singing cow.

Ya, like animals are thrilled to be hung upside down from a meat hook piercing through their thigh, having their throats slit so their own blood is running into their eyes and up their nose, and then getting their limds hacked off BEFORE they have finished "dying."

The meat industry, and anybody that supports it for frivilous reasons, me. How about i hang YOU up from a meat hook, slit your throat and let you bleed out, one drop at a time. How would YOU like it??

Cut the bull shit and go veg#n NOW. Stop supporting the mass murder of innocent animals.

I watch 1 TV show a week, and it's been Tivo'ed by family, so I don't even have to watch the commercals! I can't stand them! But, I would probably watch them if it was the only way to watch "The Ultimate Fighter" on SpikeTV. Second season looking good!

With re: to the Happy Cow's come from California commercial, It makes me gag. CA has the BIGGEST factory farm I have ever seen and it is right off the freeway. If you are driving on I-5 between Paso Robles and Santa Nella, you can't miss it! It is literally about 2 miles long and all you can see are cows lined up in crates...not moving!

It's a whole process...I start of enraged, then motivated, then depressed and then isolated - anyone else just feel completely anti-social after seeing this stuff - like, why would I even want to see idiots who accept this type of absurd propaganda!!!???

It's a whole process...I start of enraged, then motivated, then depressed and then isolated - anyone else just feel completely anti-social after seeing this stuff - like, why would I even want to see idiots who accept this type of absurd propaganda!!!???

YUP, DIDO for me!!!!!

P.S. I am so thrilled that your children have such a compassionate role model. I hope and pray that they carry on their mother's conviction and compassion veganmadre. Thank god for mothers like you.