turning mrbear into a mountain!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some lifts i was happy with this week...

60kg olympic barbell curls 10 strict reps. was happy with this as the 20 discs look awesome.

100kg leg extensions 19 reps

260kg calf press on leg press machine 20 reps.

100.7kg bodyweight now

thanks Rob, now i have found exercises i can do that dont aggravate any injuries i have i just stick to them but change the intensity techniques that we always discuss and so on. i find its possible to keep gaining with the same exercise as long as you change the intensity techniques, weight, rep schemes, rest between sets and stuff. some times ill move my feet on the leg press etc, or change my grip slightly doing bench press but nothing major. just managed 100kg bench tonight for 10 reps too.......i think i could have got maybe one or two moren if i had a spotter but im in my bedroom and dont want to get stuck as no one will hear my screams with death metal blairing haha

hope all is good with you pal

All good this end mate (if i could just stop eating crap:))

Much like myself mate, the injuries dictate what i can and cant do...

Nice BP, though i'd be more concerned about going through the ceiling and ending up in the kitchen sink lol

not eating crap is so goddamn hard! thats why ive given in and gone on a permanent bulk hahaha i did some good lifts in my early 20's before i had any problems, doubt ill ever match them again........gotta plod on though!

ceilings solid, as long as i dont drop anything from too high i dont reckon ill go through it, my ma wouldnt be impressed if i did

ive been watching loads of benedikt magnusson videos have you seen how strong this guy is? he does some mental deadlifts with no straps etc.....worth a look

Some great strongman stuff on YouTube nowadays aye Mike, Bene was a true beast.

You ever heard of a guy called 'Norb' Schemansky? Hardly anybody has ever heard of him but man he was strong. In powerlifting he was capable of a 600lb squat, 630lb DL, 440lb bench press and a mind-boggling 225lb barbell curl. He was also the holder of an amazing 26 world records

1410781_524173921002020_1221432655_o.jpg

Hope you had a great weekend Mike, what did you get up to? MF

Some great strongman stuff on YouTube nowadays aye Mike, Bene was a true beast.

You ever heard of a guy called 'Norb' Schemansky? Hardly anybody has ever heard of him but man he was strong. In powerlifting he was capable of a 600lb squat, 630lb DL, 440lb bench press and a mind-boggling 225lb barbell curl. He was also the holder of an amazing 26 world records

yeh you tube is a great thing MF, its cool that theres so much old stuff on there too, benedikt is a absolute monster, love his intensity! he seems a real gentle giant too. no i havent heard of Norb i will be sure to check him out tho! what era was he from that pic looks oldish am i right? so many great strength athletes out there its kinda hard to pick ther best as in the strongest.....i mean the worlds strongest man cant clean and jerk 265 kilos like Hossein Rezazadeh so is he really the strongest man in the world? and the strongmen the strongest athletes? anyways im rambling

Hope you had a great weekend Mike, what did you get up to? MF

not alot really pal, just rested in the sun cuz as you know its never around for long here haha.....hope yours was good too, cheers for stopping by

Fuck getting shredded!

http://i.imgur.com/cR2Nh.jpg

Two extremes, imo nether are ideal. On a side note, 3x Britain's strongest man and worlds strongest world competitor Glenn Ross lives a down the road from me, at 36st, functional is not the word i would use to describe him...Obese is the word i would use...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhhKneL07ybhLrhDRDzC8nzw3Np_1WOwGjpBY62iNu7uXOj6Z85Q

Imo the bodybuilder/strongmen from the 40s and 50s possessed what would be considered the best of both worlds. They weren't "shredded" (well, Vince Gironda and Chuck Sipes were), but they were lean and muscular, moreover, they were not only bodybuilders, they strongmen and all round great athletes. Pound for pound these guys were much much stronger than today's steroid/growth hormone infused druggies.

There were many greats at that time, but my favorite BB/strongman/athlete of all (and many have argued the greatest BB of all time) was the late great Steve Reeves...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRi3cE8KXJ3Z9bMbNBowWngQQZJqRF6WZhzKxdS9bYF3T8acUor

This man was not only a tremendous bodybuilder, but he was also a good gymnast, boxer, horseman and strongman, he could clean 275lbs from his knees and lift 230lb men of the ground with his teeth...to name but a few, oh and he was 100% natural!

there is no happy medium in any sport or physique these days its all one thing or nothing......steve reeves did have an amazing physique, i would love to look like that........but iam also guilty of wanting to see the biggest strongest freakiest people too, be it in cycling like amrstrong, or strong man like glen ross or 29stone brian shaw............frank zane has one of my all time favourite physiques but i think ill stick to my bodybuilding arms and strongman torso as i love to eat too much haha pudzianowski although obviously taking obscene amounts of gear looked awesome and could move too, well at least compared to other strong men.

Sergio was one in a million with an amazing work ethic.

For me Steve Reeves physique would be my all time favorite, he had it all, mass, strength, athleticism with superb lines, unmatched shape and symmetry. Moreover...he was 100% natural.

Edited by HIT Rob

IMHO the second drawing is not an 'extreme'. It just depicts a strong guy with some fat around his core.

But I agree with your remarks, Rob.

I think everyone got the message, happy bulking!

Hi Maybenot,

I use the term extreme in reference to the fact that BOTH top level competitive bodybuilders and strongmen use vast quantities of steroids and growth hormones.

went to the gym today to do legs ended up doing chest managed 3 sets of 3 reps of 135kg bench press though so im happy......its nice having a spotter for a change so i could really push. i wont lie, its hasnt done my back alot of good, but my ego loved it .........

just out of interest Rob and maybenot, and whoever else wants to join in........ if you could look like anyone who would it be? (physique wise)

mine would be probably sergio oliva .......

The Mountain!

http://hushcomics.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/tumblr_n5t1dcbxfg1r9h4heo2_1280-e1400485046865.jpg

just out of interest Rob and maybenot, and whoever else wants to join in........ if you could look like anyone who would it be? (physique wise)

mine would be probably sergio oliva .......

Well, I started lifting because of this website, and one of the guys who influenced me was Arvid Beck:

66725_443700785713803_1825747957_n.jpg