Increased heart rate and pounding and low BP all of a sudden

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

axlastro
Rabbit

Increased heart rate and pounding and low BP all of a sudden

#1 Postby axlastro » Wed May 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Hey guys, I need your advice on some issues I've been having lately. Today I felt quite bad and got my ass to the hospital. They said my BP was 100/90 and heart rate was 100. I felt dizzy and even the cardiologist couldn't figure out what's wrong as my cardiography seemed normal. They suggested I get my GGT levels checked. I'm thinking I kight have B12 defficency. I get tired quickly during excercise and feel dizzy overall and can't concentrate. I measured my BP now and it is 105/65 but heart rate is 90 bpm. I usually have 110/70 and heart rate of 65-75bpm when at rest. I had an assesment workout yesterday and didn't eat much after that. My trainer suggested that I might not be getting B12. He is not vegan and he said he gets a shot of B12 every month as it is not absorbed very well and even meat doesn'tdeliver enough. Has anyone gone through something like this. I have been working out for 3 years but it's only recently that I am having some tough time recovering. I almost fainted the other day about an hour after workout and I had a shake and a meal. Btw I'm not completely vegan - I eat butter and cheese ocasionally. No eggs or fish and no meat in 10 years.

Hobbs
Rabbit

Re: Increased heart rate and pounding and low BP all of a su

#2 Postby Hobbs » Wed May 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Maybe consider taking B12 supplements for a while, and use B12 fortified products (milk, yoghurt) - although I suppose you do already.
Take it easy at the gym and consider having a break from training, feeling light-headed and taking longer to recover can be signs of over-training I think.
Best of luck!

axlastro
Rabbit

#3 Postby axlastro » Wed May 28, 2014 3:23 pm

I eat some nutritional yeast fortified with B12. I also ordered some B12 methylcobalamin tablets. I was going to start a new program on Sunday - two times a week training with a personal trainer but now I think I might need to postpone that and take a break. I can't imagine how I overgrain as I don't go to the gym more than 2 or 3 times a week. I did start train8ng with shorter rests between repetitions and this might have put more strain on my body.

Hobbs
Rabbit

#4 Postby Hobbs » Wed May 28, 2014 11:53 pm

Oh ok, you should be allright with B12 then.
2-3 times at the gym is definitely not overtraining, but maybe you need to rest and turn down the intensity a bit indeed.
Hope you get back on track soon!

axlastro
Rabbit

#5 Postby axlastro » Thu May 29, 2014 2:39 pm

I got my B12 tested. It was 331 with referent values 246-991, so I'm closer to the low end and might use some B12 suplements. Do you think I could judt go and get a shot of B12?

Hobbs
Rabbit

#6 Postby Hobbs » Fri May 30, 2014 1:07 am

I'm no doctor, but yeah having some extra B12 sounds safe enough.

I reckon rest would really help too.
Make sure to cut down on coffee or have enough quality sleep btw.

Crap, I should practice what I preach, I'm knackered these days too :-D

axlastro
Rabbit

#7 Postby axlastro » Fri May 30, 2014 9:28 am

I just got the NOW Foods Methylcobalamin tabs and will report if I feel any better. I've stopped drinking coffee and gave myself a 5 days off the gym.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”