kairos workout diary

Hey everyone,

i am looking for ideas\improvements to my workout routine.

I am about 90% vegan.

My goal is to get lean, increase core strength and overall fitness.

I weight about 89 kilo with 172 cm 32 years.

What I have just finished and am doing mostly every second day since about December is (all barbell):

3 sets of 10 x deadlifts directly followed by 10 x shoulder press and followed by 10 x supinated Bent-Over Row all with about 47kilo

3sets, 15- 20 x benchpress 47kilo

3sets 6-9 curls 27kilo

3sets 6-9 triceps curls 27kilo

in between the sets 3 times 20 crunches followed by 30 bicycle crunches and 3 times 10 -15 push ups on bars.

2, sometimes 3 times per week a 45 minute run.

All i got are the 47 kilo on the barbell so i cant increase weight, therfore i do more reps especially the benchpress sometimes 3 sets of 25.

Should i go only for more cardio, include other exercises or somehow split the routine? I am open for all suggestions.

ps:please excuse my English.

Congrats on getting your Journal going!

The 10% that isn't vegan, what is it? Cheese and Icecream? If so cutting that out could help tons

This is the workout you do every day? How are you feeling, do you get enough recovery time?

It looks a little odd to me that you do reps over 20 on your bench press but less than 9 on your curls. Not saying that is wrong just un-orthodox.

Is there any way you could get a wider variety of weights to train with? That I think would help a lot. Also splitting up your routine if your working out often could be helpful too.

You are spot on . The 10% are icecream and cheese on pizza.

I do it every second day not every.

Regarding the curls i am confused as well. It is true that i do at max 12 curls the first set.

Possibly because i do the excercises in the oder i wrote. So curls at the end.

I fell much stronger compared do 5 month ago. I started with 10 reps on the bench.

I can change the weights down since i have from 6 to 0, 5 kilo discs but total is 47 kilo.

I also have dumbells but max i can put on these are 11 kilo, so 5, 5 each.

How would you recommend splitting it?

Thanks for the response

• 3 weeks later...

little update on the proceedings.

since the last post i splitted the routine into deadlifts, shoulder press, rows and crunches one day and benchpress, curls, triceps curls the next.

plus i did about 400k on a bicycle. main benefiit i feel so far with the splitting is that the rouine is done much quicker. i also lost some weight. guess mainly due to the bicycling. unfortunalty due to work i can not keep going on such long tours.

and yes i have tried vegan cheese but i does tast horrible to me. vegan ice cream is nice, we have berry flovor here at the loal shop.

If you want to increase core strength: look at this, maybe get those ab wheels things, and if you have a pull up bar work your way into the front lever.

I think squats are great for core strength (certainly feels like it), altough I just started doing them, and so I can't tell you from experience.

edit: oh, and