kairos workout diary

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

kairo
Finch

kairos workout diary

#1 Postby kairo » Thu May 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Hey everyone,

i am looking for ideas\improvements to my workout routine.
I am about 90% vegan.
My goal is to get lean, increase core strength and overall fitness.
I weight about 89 kilo with 172 cm 32 years.

What I have just finished and am doing mostly every second day since about December is (all barbell):

3 sets of 10 x deadlifts directly followed by 10 x shoulder press and followed by 10 x supinated Bent-Over Row all with about 47kilo

3sets, 15- 20 x benchpress 47kilo
3sets 6-9 curls 27kilo
3sets 6-9 triceps curls 27kilo

in between the sets 3 times 20 crunches followed by 30 bicycle crunches and 3 times 10 -15 push ups on bars.
2, sometimes 3 times per week a 45 minute run.

All i got are the 47 kilo on the barbell so i cant increase weight, therfore i do more reps especially the benchpress sometimes 3 sets of 25.

Should i go only for more cardio, include other exercises or somehow split the routine? I am open for all suggestions.

ps:please excuse my English.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: kairos workout diary

#2 Postby C.O. » Thu May 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Your english is good, way to get started on your journal!

Thunderer
Rabbit

#3 Postby Thunderer » Thu May 29, 2014 2:07 pm

Congrats on getting your Journal going!

The 10% that isn't vegan, what is it? Cheese and Icecream? If so cutting that out could help tons :D

This is the workout you do every day? How are you feeling, do you get enough recovery time?

It looks a little odd to me that you do reps over 20 on your bench press but less than 9 on your curls. Not saying that is wrong just un-orthodox.

Is there any way you could get a wider variety of weights to train with? That I think would help a lot. Also splitting up your routine if your working out often could be helpful too.

kairo
Finch

#4 Postby kairo » Thu May 29, 2014 3:47 pm

You are spot on . The 10% are icecream and cheese on pizza.
I do it every second day not every.
Regarding the curls i am confused as well. It is true that i do at max 12 curls the first set.
Possibly because i do the excercises in the oder i wrote. So curls at the end.
I fell much stronger compared do 5 month ago. I started with 10 reps on the bench.
I can change the weights down since i have from 6 to 0, 5 kilo discs but total is 47 kilo.
I also have dumbells but max i can put on these are 11 kilo, so 5, 5 each.
How would you recommend splitting it?
Thanks for the response

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#5 Postby C.O. » Fri May 30, 2014 12:07 pm

every 2nd day, that's a start. Have you tried vegan ice cream or vegan pizza? I love both of those things.

kairo
Finch

#6 Postby kairo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:51 am

little update on the proceedings.
since the last post i splitted the routine into deadlifts, shoulder press, rows and crunches one day and benchpress, curls, triceps curls the next.
plus i did about 400k on a bicycle. main benefiit i feel so far with the splitting is that the rouine is done much quicker. i also lost some weight. guess mainly due to the bicycling. unfortunalty due to work i can not keep going on such long tours.

and yes i have tried vegan cheese but i does tast horrible to me. vegan ice cream is nice, we have berry flovor here at the loal shop.

Sidereus nuncius
Rabbit

#7 Postby Sidereus nuncius » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:24 am

If you want to increase core strength: look at this, maybe get those ab wheels things, and if you have a pull up bar work your way into the front lever.

I think squats are great for core strength (certainly feels like it), altough I just started doing them, and so I can't tell you from experience.

edit: oh, and dragon flags

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”