That 'Protein' word again....help with some diet stuff

Okay, so I know if you are like me, you hate it when people ask "Where do you get your protein" and have to spit off a laundry list of food items to quell the nay-sayers that say we as vegan's don't get enough. But I'm going to ask for a little help here, I've done the research, made a pretty significant change in my diet, but need some help and advice from people who are more experienced at this then me

I've been weight training for around 6 months now doing 5-6 days a week for about 45-60 mins a day during my lunch hour with a few friends at work. Although I've seen some pretty radical improvements so far (I can actually see pecs!) I feel like I am just not getting the same results as the other guys and I've hit a peak on the amount I can lift. Now I know everyone is different in the terms of results, but could it also come down to my protein intake? I've noticed the other guys consuming chicken breasts like they are going out of style and I can't help but figure maybe this might be it? I'm 6'0 and 180 lbs and I've been on par (usually over) to get the 0.36 grams per pound daily (180 pounds x 0.36 = 64.8 grams) but I'm almost thinking this isn't enough?

My Daily Food Routine (tracking on myfitnesspal)

Breakfast: (7:00am)

Holy Crap Cereal - 3 Tbps

Almond Milk - 1 cup

Total: 9 grams

OR

(1-2 days a week) 1/2 serving Fresh Green Juice (1 Cucumber, 1 Broccoli Stem, 3 Carrots, 3 ribs Celery, 4 leaves Kale, nub of Ginger, 1 Pear)

Total: 4 grams

Mid Day: (10:00)

1/4 cup almonds

1 fruit (apple, orange, grapefruit, etc)

Total: 8 grams

Lunch: (12:00pm)

Salad (1.5 cups Kale, 1/2 Tomato, 6 slices Cucumber, 1/2 Avocado, 1/2 cup Quinoa, 1/4 cup Chickpeas, 2 Tbps Hemp Hearts, 2 Tbps Flax Oil)

Total: 19 grams

(Work out from 1:30-2:30)

Post Work Out: (2:30pm)

1.5 Serving Vega Sport Protein with water

Total: 38 grams

Dinner: (7:30pm-ish)

This changes daily as both my wife and I are aspiring vegan 'chefs' so we're always trying out new recipes but they are typically heavy into the beans/legume side of things or use tempeh as the base. Can say it adds an attentional 10-15 grams of protein on average.

So tallied up it comes out to roughly 80-89 grams daily. So I guess the main question is, does this seem enough? Would you add/remove anything? I suppose if this looks decent enough for the amount I am working out, it might actually be time to up the training time to try to get over this hump I've hit.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated!

I can't advise it but have you looked into or considered creatine? Your diet looks pretty great actually. What about your workout training. If its not getting you results its time to change it up. Thought about working with a trainer or if you already are, maybe its time to look for a new one?

Thanks C.O.,

Haven't considered creatine yet, I was doing the EC stack for a bit to drop some weight but decided I wanted to try to keep things as natural as I can and just focus on diet and training.

Don't really have a trainer but a couple of my co-workers that I go with have been lifting/training for years so they give tips and the push I need. I'm just using the JeFit App on my phone to track the reps/sets on the limited equipment that we have at our local gym that we walk to at lunch (mostly older cable machines dumbbells, nothing really new or fancy). But I think I'll post on another board on my training schedule to get some tips as I could be doing things incorrectly with the little time I have.

My main concern is the diet as I know protein=muscle. But if it looks somewhat solid then I think I'll need to investigate my training schedule next and see what can be done.

First thing I would suggest is to never compare yourself to anyone. They might not even be natural. You might be surprised at how many guys do some sort of enhancement drug. Also, genetics and hormones are a huge factor.

The highest recommendation for protein for bodybuilders I have seen is 1.7 g/kg.(.75g/lb) It comes out to around 13.5% protein by calories.

Concerning hormones, I make sure I get enough magnesium, and I take suma root powder. I found it helps keep my testosterone up. Also, leg exercises, especially squats, can increase testosterone.

Hope this helps.