Newbie Workout / Diet log

Hi! Putting up my workout and diet logs:

I'm on week 4 of Jim Stoppani's 6 week to shred program.

6 days a week, about an hour a day of strength training. I have missed one workout in this first month. Workout before work has been the best for me.

Today I paddle outrigger canoe for 90 minutes.

The program is very high protein, I initially tried to get about 170 gm of protein a day, used Twinlabs veggie protein, Vega protein, and plant fusion protein powders, but my GI system did not agree with that plan, so down to 120-150 gm protein/day. I use cronometer to track calorie, macronutrient, and micronutrient levels.

Welcome to the forum, look forward to following along in your log. Wow ~ you sure do eat a heck of a lot of protein !!

Keep up the good work, the paddling sounds like great fun MF

Thanks!

Paddling is good fun! Most every ocean sport is fun - get a workout while playing!

Too much protein?

Keeping it in range of 1.5-2.5 g/ kg ideal body weight. Trying to drop fat and preserve/ increase lean mass.

What do you think of Vega over all? I like it. Have you read Robert Cheeke's book or Brendan Brazier's books?

Hi!

I try to get most of my protein with whole foods, but I can't eat enough or will eat too many calories if I don't use protein supplements.

I have tried several vegan protein supplements. So far, Vega is my favorite for taste and least GI upset (read: gas ), although plant fusion was really good as well. Expense is the main thing for me with Vega, it is a treat, but I use less costly vegan proteins intermixed. I like Garden of Life, too.

Yes, I have read Robert Cheekes' book and all of Braziers books and cookbooks. I love to read, and reading about health and nutrition is a favorite. Did you read them/ enjoy them? I have also read a lot of ultrarunner books for the sports psychology side of it, enjoyed the recipes and book by Scott Jurek, Eat and Run.