Tofu controversy

I have finally found a few ways that I can consume tofu. Tried before, but didn't like it. The protein from it will really help me reach my numbers. Just trying to see if anyone has cancer, man boobs or thyroid problems or Alzheimer's from over consumption of tofu

If you consume tofu, how often do you eat it and how much

There were a couple of great studies going around basically disproving the negative myths about tofu. Try searching for it, or if I see it ill link you. In a nut shell, tofu is a great source of protein and is not harmful. Always good to have a variety in your diet, the all tofu diet isn't great for you just like the all anything diet isnt great for you.

• 1 month later...

Tofu is bean curd. Coagulated soy milk pressed into blocks.

I've been consuming tofu since the 1970's and I enjoy it often. I'm a forty year old man, quite fit, no male breast issues, nor cognitive problems, but it's early yet.

In SF/Oakland non-GMO certified organic tofu is easy to come by. Get it organic and fresh as you can and play around with it. Tofu is versatile as all get out, just use your imagination and start playing around with it.

The only input I would add is try to keep it Organic. A LOT of Tofu on the market is GMO based and studies have shown it to have heightened amounts of estrogen (to help the cows grow and produce milk faster when pregnant) in it then it's Organic counterpart, just keep an eye on the label.

My wife and I don't eat a lot of it, usually in breakfast scrambles on the weekends. If you are looking for other sources I'd recommend Tempeh as well, it's a fermented soybeans that have a different texture then tofu and it's packed with much more of the good stuff (100grams of Tempeh yields 19 grams of protein whereas tofu yields 8 for the same amount) and just like tofu it's mild in flavor and great for absorbing seasoning/marinades and make kickass burgers.

Paneer is cheese/dairy based isn't it? That is a good idea for a substitute actually tofu instead of paneer in Indian food. I'll definitely try that and let you guys know how it is.

Yup, Paneer is cheese curds. Pretty much made the same way Tofu is made but with real milk instead of soy. And yup, Tofu makes a great paneer substitute. A well pressed extra firm block marinated in nutritional yeast (for that cheesy flavor), water, and spices and it makes a pretty dang good replacement.

• 1 month later...

I could eat tofu all day if I could. I eat 9 lbs of it per week. I gained 11 lbs of muscle in 1 1/2 months. My "boobs" have went DOWN since..lol.

It's just Big Dairy shakin' in there panties man. Soy is a bean and gift from god. Think about it. My health has gotten tons better since eating soy and I feel frickin' amazing. I love being vegan and love the food I eat!

In our society, the "boobs" are from POOR lifestyle habits, eating bugers, pizzas, french fried, donuts, Pepsi and crap food. NOT soy. Soy will make you a lean masculine machine with lots of muscle. Why do you think Robert Cheeke has so many soy dishes in his bodybuilding book. Does it look like anyone on this website has boobs?

no...

I could eat tofu all day if I could. I eat 9 lbs of it per week. I gained 11 lbs of muscle in 1 1/2 months. My "boobs" have went DOWN since..lol.

It's just Big Dairy shakin' in there panties man. Soy is a bean and gift from god. Think about it. My health has gotten tons better since eating soy and I feel frickin' amazing. I love being vegan and love the food I eat!

In our society, the "boobs" are from POOR lifestyle habits, eating bugers, pizzas, french fried, donuts, Pepsi and crap food. NOT soy. Soy will make you a lean masculine machine with lots of muscle. Why do you think Robert Cheeke has so many soy dishes in his bodybuilding book. Does it look like any dudes on this website have female boobs?

no...