HxC talk

vegan_rossco

^dude! I know. Never got to see them play before they broke up

Saw them play Toronto twice. Band was really cool, glad they're not hopping on the band wagon with a lot of other bands playing reunions.

To be honest though, you weren't missing too much live, pretty sloppy.

^dude! I know. Never got to see them play before they broke up

Saw them play Toronto twice. Band was really cool, glad they're not hopping on the band wagon with a lot of other bands playing reunions.

To be honest though, you weren't missing too much live, pretty sloppy.

Haha good to know!! I'm sure the energy made up for it!

I miss shows

backtrack music is pretty cool, but not into the million pieces of merch thing, never really liked Terror, Hatebreed etc - too macho/knuckle scraping for me

I can see where you're coming from. I know its a lot of how bands get support recently, or at least in the last couple of years I've been around. So good for them for getting into a niche.

Did you ever listen to let down?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been out of the hardcore scene over here in the UK for a while now but used to go all over to watch and play. Always preferred mainly NY and Boston hardcore over most of the other stuff that seemed to do the rounds. A good rule of thumb I found was the angrier and more heavy it was, the more chance there was that I'd dig it! I really love The Hope Conspiracy and from that All Pigs Must Die.

Managed to play with bands like H2O, Madball and Agnostic Front of the years and all the talk about them being real nice dudes and living what they preach is very true. Toby Morse is a real top guy and the couple of times an old band supported them we ended up having some great chats about rap, hip hop and NYHC.

• 1 year later...

Negative Approach

Poison Idea

Cursed

Tragedy

Born Against

Haymaker

Circle Jerks (Group Sex LP)

Burning Love

Jerry's Kids

Spazz

...anyone? (I see Born Against and HHIG mentioned above, nice.)

^A mix of some old/modern. Never could get into the cartoony Vegan or SxE shit, or the jock tough guy mosh stuff either. Seemed like the sort of stuff punk WASN'T supposed to be about. I also find punk or HC bands that do gang vocals on just about every song to come off corny as hell. Same goes with any 'posi' band where every song is about friendship, unity, striving to beat the odds, etc. Seems really forced to me.