Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dairy Company feeding children
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:01 am 
Site Admin

This is something I got in an e-mail and it has a link to Dannon's new project. Any thoughts on this? I'm really not a fan of the dairy industry.

Anyway, here's the brief e-mail and link:

Dannon wants to help feed hungry children, but they're a dairy company. As a Vegan, this disgusts me!

http://www.dannon.com/dn/dnstore/cgi-bi ... 486924.htm

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:52 pm 
Rabbit

I notice that their website doesn't provide any nutritional information about their products (at least that I could find).

So what kind of food are they donating? Beans and rice? Whole wheat pasta? Yogurt most likely. Which will go bad in a week? Less if not refrigerated properly? This has nothing to do with feeding children or reducing hunger. It's about spending money on a different type of advertising campaign. They will donate up to $75,000. But only if I click on the stupid button? Sorry, I don't buy it.

BTW, about 6 months ago they "downsized" a container of yogurt from 8 oz to 6 oz. They didn't lower the price any, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:41 am 
Rabbit

It says they are donating foods like cereals and supplies like bath soap. I imagine they would have to donate pantry type items like canned foods, grains, rice, beans. It probably won't all be vegan but most food banks aren't. Its not like they are loading up trucks with a bunch of yogurt to ship to starving kids. I'm not eating any yogurt (well except soy yoghurt) but I don't see the hurt in clicking on the button so a dairy company can donate some of its blood money to buying cereal for impoverished children.
Renee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:51 pm 
Rabbit

I am soooo wrong! :oops:

As renecarol points out they are not donating a bunch of yogurt. They are donating "cereal, soap, fruit, bath soap, and diapers" among other things. I looked at the web site but I didn't scroll down to the bottom of the page. Too impatient I guess :( .

I still think they well donate $75,000 even if you don't click on the button, but I clicked on it 10 times just in case.