Sugapablo cautiously enters...

sugapablo

Ok, well I signed up this morning, and compassionategirl was quick to notice that I didn't say hi...

I've been hanging out at bodybuilding.com for awhile now, but being vegetarian, I didn't *quite* fit in.

Although after reading a little more of these forums while waiting for my authetication to get emailed...it doesn't look like I exactly fit in here either. I'm kinda stuck in the middle somewhere.

I am *gasp* lacto-ovo vegetarian. Have been for more than a decade. It wasn't brought about for ethical reasons. Just eventually, I lost the mental distinction between "chicken" and "chicken!". (Very abrubtly while eating a drumstick and blood came gushing out!)

32, in Pittsburgh, PA, USA...married, one kid. Started body building this year after some muscle atrophy in my legs caused some hip and knee problems.

So I'll probably be lurking here for a bit. Seeing what good tips I can pick up. I'll try to keep my head low as not to get anything started.

Just didn't want compassionategirl to think I was being rude.

P.S. Mike Mahler, who I see has just introduced himself, has written some fantastic stuff. His articles on bodybuilding.com were great reads for me. Although I'm still not sold on kettlebells. My buddy is tyring to get me on those and said he wants to bring some over for me to try.

Welcome to the group! Don't worry about "fitting in" everyone is welcome here.

There are other vegetarian bodybuilders here, other vegetarians and a variety of non-vegans. We are most vegan and most involved in fitness is some way, but we always welcome everyone and we're happy to have you here.

Another person from PA! I must not be doing a good job of recruiting locally. Places like PA and TX are loaded with our members and Oregon is just staying stagnant. I'll work on that

There are many others from PA so feel free to explore around or ever post something about PA and see if you find others nearby.

Explore and have fun, catch you later.

Welcome aboard!

Don't make her angry

You wouldn't like her when she's angry

Welcome.

Don't worry about the diet thing too much

There are a lot of good supportive people here with great ideas

I'm sure that in time you will be assimilated (I watch way too much TV)

Hi! Of course I wouldnt think you are being rude. But i did want you to feel welcome and come out from behind the shadows, re-assuring you that we wont bite (unless you want us too).

We have many non-vegans here, and all are welcome, but if you plug non-veganism, be prepared for the wrath that will descend upon you!

And a very warm welcome to you.

Oh ya, and one more thing:

Thanks yinz guys.

Feelin' low today as my back hurts and I realize I probably shouldn't lift today.

Lesson to the youngin's out there. Maintain your fitness! I'm 32 and while I was thin and active (yoga, tai chi, etc.), my high metabolism let to muscle atrophy and problems with my hip, knee, and back that came with it.

Trying to get some muscle back (and then some) to help with these problems, but it's hard to gain muscle when the ones you have are in such disrepair!

yikes!!! back pain is the worst!!!

hope you get over that soon.

I've been finding that the lifting combined with a a few rest days and some stretching has strengthened my back. I used to have regular back pain but now it's very rare.

good luck with it!

On The subject about being "just vegetarian", I started out as just vegetarian (as did my wife). Now we are both vegan (newly vegan but vegan non the less) The more I learned/learn, the more im able to give up without regret or remorse. And personally i dont think ive made a smarter decision.