Juice Fasting

nicole

Has anyone done a juice fast before? I just got my juicer returned to me and I'm thinking that my diet has gotten a little... processed? So I want to shake it up and get back to square one by maybe doing some kind of fruit/juice fast, but I'm worried! I get really grumpy when I'm hungry!!!

I need to do a lot more research, but I was wondering if anyone here had any good tips/experience?

Thanks!

I've done a juice fast a bunch of times with a fresh veggie soup at night with great results. I drank lots of water and did a couple juices throughout the day with broccoli, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, tomato, and beats. For the soup I cut in half the following veggies and put them in my food processor, carrot, bell pepper, onion, zucchini, tomato, celery and a whole avocado. After I grind the veggies to a pulp, I add a quart organic vegetable broth and a bunch of spices like garlic power, oregano, basil, black pepper and a little sea salt.

Do this for 3-7 days and you will feel very clean afterwards. This is a little graphic but I found it interesting. Last time I did this on the 3rd day, my body was still getting rid of the black beans that I ate the day before I started the juice fast.

Good luck!